Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Without Reason, ZAISS7 for Vista unable to update it's AV or SW definitions or signatures.

jasonalangraves Guest

Default Without Reason, ZAISS7 for Vista unable to update it's AV or SW definitions or signatures.

Since the 19th of November 2007, my ZAISS7 for Vista has been unable to update.

Windows Vista firewall is off, and I have no other AV or SW programs installed. There had been no change in the computers configuration, it just stopped updating.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Did a fresh install of everything today, BUT, it sitll won't update. Please help!

Version Information
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 7.1.078.000
    TrueVector security engine version 7.1.078.000
    Driver version 7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version 3, DAT file version 20071119025000
    Anti-spyware engine version 5.0.162.0, DAT file version 01.200711.2845
    AntiSpam version 5.0.0.8843

Thank you,

Jason Alan Graves

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Without Reason, ZAISS7 for Vista unable to update it's AV or SW definitions or signatures.

Hi,PLEASE contact Tech Support and see what they say about this issue and if you would PLEASE post back with their answer they give you, THANKS.You need to contact Tech Support at

www.zonelabs.com/tsform

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. jasonalangraves Guest

Default Re: Without Reason, ZAISS7 for Vista unable to update it's AV or SW definitions or signatures.

Well, I went to your link, BUT, after filling in all the fields, and clicking submit, it won't. I don't have time to waste submitting forms, I just need a piece of software that will work.

ZoneAlarm was good in XP, but now, maybe it's just time to go back to Norton.

I just tried the link again and it does connect. You have to use I.E. 7 or 6 for it to work.

5. Default Re: Without Reason, ZAISS7 for Vista unable to update it's AV or SW definitions or signatures.

I've been having the exact same problems for the same time period.

jasonalangraves Guest

Hello,

Your right, the tech support form does work only in Internet Explorer. Considering a significant number of people now use Firefox, I'm a little dissapointed Check Point's website doesn't support it. This concerns me in that considering the lack of website support for Firefox, perhaps the ZAISS is not quite the product to protect me when using Firefox for browsing. I'm not happy about retyping everything in twice, but I will give the tech support a shot.

docholiday Guest

I am having the same issue with updating virus def., tried to submit via firefox also, had to re-enter under ie tab to submit. So far two strikes against ZA in my book. I used to LOVE the simplicity of the free firewall software, used it for years....It is so disappointing to have to now pay for "buggy" software. At least with Norton, they provide 24/7 instant chat for free....Oh, i got a "response" from ZA to my trouble ticket...It says i can expect a response in TWO business days. Glad I don't have a problem where the computer is "frozen"....If ZA doesn't do some damage control before my subscription ends, I will go with another vendor next time....
    I'll reply if and when i get a solution to the update issue....feel like i'm playing the lottery....
    -doc

oupiglet Guest

I also got a response that they'd get back to me within 2 business days.
    Seems a bit long for a problem that multiple users are having.
    My subscription expires in 6 weeks...

docholiday Guest

<blockquote><hr>oupiglet wrote:
    I also got a response that they'd get back to me within 2 business days. Seems a bit long for a problem that multiple users are having. My subscription expires in 6 weeks...
    <hr></blockquote>

Lucky you...I use to dislike Norton software the most, but i am realizing how important good tech support is, and unless i'm missing something somewhere else, their support options seem most convenient...

You'd think they we're in my back pocket or something, after reading my posts.....

-doc

Hi Everyone,I am Very Sorry you are ALL having issues with ZA and YES I KNOW how frustrated it can be. Boy do I know!Perhaps the following may or may not interest you, but here it is.New Vista Beta has started! 7.1.218.000

Many fixes have been applied including improvements to Antivirus and Anti-Spyware updates, Startup and Shutdown time improvements and various other fixes.

To download the latest version: www.zonealarm.com/beta

Select the Vista beta for ZoneAlarm.

Remember to give all you feedback to our beta feedback team located on the beta download page. This feedback goes directly to our development team.

Best regards,

Forum Moderator

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=286

PLEASE keep in mind this is a BETA and if you know what you are doing, then PLEASE go for it, if you don't PLEASE do not download it. ALWAYS make a RESTORE POINT, just in case something should go wrong.

SlyFox

Message Edited by SlyFox on 12-03-2007 04:07 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information