Thread: Wing Dings Font Virus

ramphd Guest

Default Wing Dings Font Virus

My fonts have just been corrupted by what I assume is a virus - e-mail, WORD, and even the Zone virus scan! The Zone scan has also been running for three hours now, so again, something is very wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Running office 2000, with ZoneAlarm Pro ver. 7.0.

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Wing Dings Font Virus

<blockquote><hr>RAMPHD wrote:
    My fonts have just been corrupted by what I assume is a virus - e-mail, WORD, and even the Zone virus scan! The Zone scan has also been running for three hours now, so again, something is very wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Running office 2000, with ZoneAlarm Pro ver. 7.0.

Operating System:
    Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the User forum..
    Here are my two cents worth..I think you may have a WORD related infection..
    What version of ZA Pro 7.0 are you using?
    there has been 4 ZA Pro 7.0 Updates and Only the lastest release 7.0.462.000 has all the Current bug fixes..What Version of Windows 2000 Pro?
    I think there have been 3 Spervice packs with lots of security patched from Microsoft?
    Also, I noticed you are using a VERY old version of OFFICE 2000, There were numerious Security Bugs that have been Fixed by MS Office 2003 and Office 2007

findley Guest

Default Re: Wing Dings Font Virus

<blockquote><hr>RAMPHD wrote:

Operating System:
    Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>Your best bet on cleaning up the computer is to run some free online scanners.
    Here are some links to free online scanners to help you clean up the malware on your computer:
    www.ewido.net
    www.housecall.trendmicro.com
    http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/index.php
    Run the free online scanners multiple times until you get a clean computer.
    Please post back your results.
    Hope this helps you,Findley

Thread Information