Thread: Fail to update

iangreen Guest

Default Fail to update

My version of ZASS, 7.1.078.000 has not been able to update its' spyware and virus protection since 4th November 2007.Everything else seems to be working OK.Any suggestions please?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Fail to update

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>IanGreen wrote:
    My version of ZASS, 7.1.078.000 has not been able to update its' spyware and virus protection since 4th November 2007.Everything else seems to be working OK.Any suggestions please?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That is a Known Problem with ZASS 7.1.078.000 for Vista.. this problem seems to have been fixed in the current BETA Test of ZASS 7,1,218.000 for Vista..If you decide to Try the New ZASS BETA for Vista.. Please make a Full Image Backup of your Hard Drive Before installing the New Beta, and Remember, that This Beta Must be uninstalled after the Beta Test is Complete..Here is a Quote from the BETA Download Page..---------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the technical mini-beta launch of ZoneAlarm Security Suite and ZoneAlarm Pro (7.1.218.000).

For this beta we would like testers to focus on some areas in particular:

1. AV scanning performance
    2. System startup/shutdown improvements
    3. AV/AS update improvements

Thank you again, and we look forward to your feedback!

The ZoneAlarm team

<B class=headred1><A id=preparation name=preparation target=_blank></A>[/B]Preparation:

Please make sure your machine is all set up before you install our latest beta software. By installing some recommended tools you will help us to make this Beta more successful and your beta reports even more valuable.

To prepare your machine:
    1. <LI>Please download and install (place in your c:\windows directory) "pslist" from Sysinternals (click here) <LI>Click here to learn what to do if you experience a system/program hang or high CPU usage. </LI>
    <P class=headred1><B class=headred1><A id=version name=version target=_blank></A>[/B]Version currently in testing:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.1.218.000 <B class=headred2>(Beta Version for WindowsVista 32-bit only)[/B]

ZoneAlarm Pro 7.1.218.000 <B class=headred2>(Beta Version for WindowsVista 32-bit only)[/B]

<B class=headred1><A id=known name=known target=_blank></A>[/B]

<B class=headred1><A id=fixed name=fixed target=_blank></A>Fixed Issues[/B]<UL><LI>Antivirus: Various AV fixes <LI>System: Compatibility fix for BSOD with Webroot <LI>System: Better startup and shutdown performance <LI>Updates: Various update fixes
    </LI>[/list]

<B class=headred1>

Testing Details[/B]

<B class=headblack2>Who is eligible to test?[/B]

This is an open Beta and anybody is welcome to participate.

We do NOT suggest using Beta software unless you are familiar with editing the registry, manually removing the product, and so on. Remember that there is NO technical support for the Beta versions.

IMPORTANT: We do not support upgrades from Beta to any shipping version. Once a beta expires (every Beta build hard expires after 60 days) users will need to eitherupgrade toa newer beta build or uninstall the beta and re-install a shipping client version. If you had a valid license key before you installed the beta build, it will still be on the system and a shipping build will recognize it.

<B class=headblack2>How to help make this Beta more successful:[/B]
    1. <LI>Please only test on: Windows Vista 32-bitonly <LI>Please make sure to not report issues that are listed under "Known Issues" <LI>Please make sure to generate a complete memory dump for ANY hang you report. Without that there is little to no value in the bug report. <LI>Please make sure to run your machine overnight and see if the experience is the same after it has been running for hours/days or if you experience slowdowns, blocked traffic and so on. <LI>If you have a Notebook, please test hibernate/standby mode and see if the experience is the same after it has been running for hours/days or if you experience slowdowns, blocked traffic and so on. <LI>Make sure to click all panels and verify that they load and refresh correctly. <LI>Test each of the features <LI>Keep an eye on system stability and resource usage while running the ZoneAlarm Beta <LI>If you report a BSOD, system/program hang or client/truevector crash, please make sure to send us your error logs (instructions can be found on the confirmation mail you will receive when you submit feedback, including your error-submission case number, which will change for every submission you do.) <LI>Please send detailed feedback using this form: http://www.zonealarm.com/betafeedback </LI>

<B class=headred1><A id=feedback name=feedback target=_blank></A>Providing feedback[/B]<P class=headblack2>Please don't report "Known Issues" listed above or any issues that you have already reported.

Feedback is welcome and is read by the Zone Labs Beta team. To leave feedback for the ZoneAlarm Beta please go to:

http://www.zonealarm.com/betafeedback

You will not receive a response from ZoneAlarm unless more information is requested from the ZoneAlarm Beta team.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite Beta version:7.1.218.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.218.000
    Driver version:7.1.218.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:932033803
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.188.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.3015
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version: 7.1.218.000 (Vista)
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro Beta
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

iangreen Guest

Hi George, and many thanks for your informative response.
    Before I take steps to install the Beta version as you suggest, could you tell me if there is anyway to get the updates using my current version please.
    Thank you,
    Ian

Hi George, and many thanks for your informative response.Before I take steps to install the Beta version as you suggest, could you tell me if there is anyway to get the updates using my current version please.Thank you,Ian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..The Simple answer is "NO", Partly due to the fact that the ZASS 7.1.078.000 for Vista that you are using was released way back on 06.12.2007, and way back then there were lots of unkown problems with the implementation of the Kaspersky SKD AV/AS Module that have been Fixed during a long extensive Beta Test session with ZASS XP and some of those Fixes have been implemented into the New ZASS 7.1.218.000 BETA now being tested..
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:932083179
    Second Computer
    GeorgeV

iangreen Guest

Hi George,Many thanks for that.Well I suppose it's time to install the Beta and keep my fingers crossed.
    Thanks again,
    Ian

Hi George,Many thanks for that.Well I suppose it's time to install the Beta and keep my fingers crossed.Thanks again,Ian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>All I did when I Upgraded to the 7.1.218.000 Vista Beta was,go into Overview/Preferences and Un-check "Load ZASS on Startup" and Reboot computer to Unload TrueVector and vsmon.exe, the Install the Beta as an Upgrade..and accept all default intall options..the re-check "Load ZASS on Startup..Good luck..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:932086884
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.3025
    Second Computer
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.3025
    GeorgeV

iangreen Guest

Hi George,I've taken the long option (silly me) - uninstall, delete all registry and install as new product.That was ten minutes ago and I have just had my first reboot and successful AV/AS update.
    Thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated and nice to know there are nice/helpful people like you out there.
    Best regards,
    Ian

Hi George,I've taken the long option (silly me) - uninstall, delete all registry and install as new product.That was ten minutes ago and I have just had my first reboot and successful AV/AS update.Thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated and nice to know there are nice/helpful people like you out there.Best regards,Ian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your positive Feedback.. I'm glad to hear things went well for you..
    Please feel free to Post back if you ever need further Help with Zone Alarm..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information