Thread: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

Hybrid View

scantime Guest

Default ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

I'm a long time ZA customer and purchased PerfectDisk disk defragmenter today. I am very unhappy to find out that ZA introduced an issue that causes this software to stop working and worst of all, they are NOT working with Raxco to get it resolved. I have confirmed that with Raxco support.

This issue is a couple of months old - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=24802

ZoneLabs, you have a great product, please do the right thing here and contact Raxco about getting this resolved.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

Hi,PLEASE contact Tech Support and see what they say about this issue and if you would PLEASE post back with their answer they give you, THANKS.I have tried my very best in getting this issue fixed, I even contacted Tech Support myself, even though other members have already contacted them with no results as of yet. So, PLEASE contact them using the link below and hopefully you will be given some type of solution.PLEASE use ONLY I.E. 7 or 6 when sending this Tech Support Form, as NO other browser will work, THANKS.You need to contact Tech Support at

www.zonelabs.com/tsform

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

I used the form to fill out a support issue.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

Thank YOU Very Much.SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

5. Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

I got the following reply quickly from Tech Support. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem. In my response I pointed
    to this thread.
    Kim
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------Hello Kim,
    Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support.
    I understand that you are having trouble with PerfectDisk when ZoneAlarmis running.
    Something is being denied access that needs access to the internet orsystem resources to work. Please follow the steps below to resolve yourissue. In addition to the steps below please be sure to give Generic Hostprocesses access in the Internet Zone and Server rights in the TrustedZone.
    1.) Close your applications.2.) Open Zone Alarm3.) Click the Program Control Panel.4.) Click the Programs Tab.5.) Check for any programs listed on this list that have red X's or redcrossed circles and remove them from the list by right clicking them andchoosing remove.6.) Reboot your computer.7.) Reopen your Applications and grant access to all items that ask foraccess.
    You may be seeing the behavior of the New OS firewall.
    The OS firewall that is in this version will also controls what programs areallowed to run on your system. This part of the program will take sometime to learn how you use your system.
    1. Open up ZoneAlarm.2. Click on Program Control.3. Click on the Main tab.4. Set Program Control to Medium and SmartDefense Advisor to Auto.5. Click on the Programs tab.6. Click on the question mark of any programs you trust in the Trust Levelcolumn and choose Trusted.
    For More information you should run the tutorial which explains the newfeatures.
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...al/overview.html
    If my answer did not resolve your issue, or you would like furtherassistance on this issue, please reply to this email. By replying, andleaving the subject line intact, your response will come directly to me. Ifyou have a separate issue you would like assistance with, please submit anew request using the website at http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform .
    Thank you for choosing ZoneAlarm Security!
    Technical SupportZoneAlarmA Division of Check Point Software"

krochat Guest

I should say that shortly after responding to the previous e-mail from Tech Support I got this:
    "Subject: 'FootPrints Append Error(2)'
    The incoming email file you sent to FootPrints attempted to append to entry 614574The append failed. Perhaps this entry does not exist, or you are not allowed to append to it."
    So I guess Tech Support won't be seeing this thread after all.
    Kim

krochat Guest

Yes, I was replying to the original message.
    It's header is "Tech Support Ticket: Configuration Question ISSUE=614574 PROJ=4"
    I just submitted a new tsform reporting (1)
    the problem replying and (2) stating that the solution offered did not work.It is "Tech Support Ticket: More Information - AA ISSUE=614709 PROJ=4"
    I also including the URL to this thread.
    Things shouldn't be this difficult, but I see you share my frustration.
    Thanks,Kim

Thread Information