Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

krochat Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

(Sorry for the repeat, this reply was initially
    to the wrong message)
    Yes, I was replying to the original message.
    It's header is "Tech Support Ticket: Configuration Question ISSUE=614574 PROJ=4"
    I just submitted a new tsform reporting (1)
    the problem replying and (2) stating that the solution offered did not work.It is "Tech Support Ticket: More Information - AA ISSUE=614709 PROJ=4"
    I also including the URL to this thread.
    Thanks,Kim

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

Hi Kim,NO Apology is needed. Yes, this issue with Tech Support is very frustrating and I have been going back and forth with them for sometime now. Then they had the nerve of sending me that Stupid Survey Reply Form on how well they helped me on this issue. Yeah Right. Hopefully you, the other members, and myself will hear from them soon about this issue.Thank you very much for sending that info back into Tech Support again.Have a Great Day!SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

New response from tech support. I'll follow up with whether it worked or not.
    Subject: Tech Support Ticket: More Information - AA ISSUE=614709 PROJ=4
    <------- WHEN REPLYING, PLEASE TYPE YOUR TEXT ABOVE THIS LINE -------->
    Hello Kim,
    Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support.
    I understand that are still unable to get PerfectDisk to complete with thelatest version of ZoneAlarm.
    This may be caused by a program conflicting with ZoneAlarm.
    To test this,please follow the information below.
    Please let us know what program orprocess, if any, is causing this issue.
    Please clean your startup programs other than Zone Alarm and see if youstill have the same issues. Click Start, Run, type Msconfig in the run box,and click OK. Once in Msconfig, click the Startup Tab, and remove thechecks from everything except Zlclient.exe. Now click the Service Tab, placea check in "Hide All Microsoft Services." Now remove checks fromeverything other than TrueVector Internet Monitor, and click OK. Restartyour computer and see if it works. If it works, go back into Msconfig andplace checks back in five or so at a time and restart, so you can narrowdown what is causing the conflict.
    If my answer did not resolve your issue, or you would like furtherassistance on this issue, please reply to this email. By replying, andleaving the subject line intact, your response will come directly to me. Ifyou have a separate issue you would like assistance with, please submit anew request using the website at http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform .

Hi Kim,Thank you very much for posting back with some feedback from Tech Support. I will keep my fingers crossed.SlyFox

5. Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

Here's my response to tech support:--------------------------------------------------------------Now we're getting somewhere.

1) I followed the instructions. After the system booted, I tried to run the PerfectDisk client. It failed to initialize saying "Failed to connect to computer. The service cannot be started...because it was disabled."

2) I manually enabled and started the two PerfectDisk services - PDAgent and PDEngine.

3) The PerfectDisk client would now start and ran normally until it got to the 55% analysis phase, when it still hung. At this point the PerfectDisk client process cannot be terminated and is using no CPU cycles.

4) I used msconfig to disable the TrueVector service to see if PerfectDisk ran OK without it. I could disable TrueVector in msconfig, but after I rebooted it was running anyway and couldn't be stopped.

5) I have been using the free version of zonealarm for several years with perfectdisk without problems. I started having problems when I enabled the internet security trial. There are reports on the web that the problem is a conflict between the embedded Kapersky antivirus engine and PerfectDisk.

6) Raxco (the makers of PerfectDisk) have been trying to find a contact at Checkpoint to work with on this problem for six weeks - see http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=24802

Thanks,
    Kim

Hi Kim,That is a "REALLY AWESOME" reply to Tech Support. Thank you very much for posting back and hopefully this issue will be fixed by tomorrow, as with Christmas coming up next Tuesday, I really don't know if Tech Support will be working on Monday or not. I know they don't work on weekends, so hopefully they will answer you either tonight or tomorrow. Let's all hope so.Thanks again and have a Great Evening!SlyFox

7. Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang and ZoneLabs isn't working with Raxco?

Here's the response from Tech Support. I'm going to post it in the other thread so in case Raxco
    has e-mail notification on.
    Hello Kim,
    Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support.
    I understand that you are stating that Raxco has been trying to contactZoneAlarm to fix this issue.
    For them to contact ZoneAlarm, they will needto visit the PASS program link from the link below.
    This will allow thecompany to contact us so we can work with them on any issues that theyare finding.
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...US&lang=en

Hi Kim,This is EXCELLENT NEWS! Thank you very much for posting back and thank you very much for posting in the other thread so the other members will know what is happening. GREAT WORK KIM. If you should hear anymore from Tech Support, PLEASE post back in this thread, if you don't mind.Thanks again for everything and have a Great Evening!SlyFox

9. Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang (PerfectDisk 2008 / 9.0 fails too)

I'm sorry to report that the problem with PerfectDisk hanging during the analysis phase is still present with PerfectDisk 2008 (aka 9.0), which
    was just previewed today (1/24/2008).
    Kim

scantime Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm is causing PerfectDisk to hang (PerfectDisk 2008 / 9.0 fails too)

Krochat, I'm not sure what issue you're having, but it isn't with ZASS. The 7.0.462.000 ZASS version they issued a number a weeks ago long fixed my problem with the PerfectDisk version 8.0 and I can report that PerfectDisk 2008 also works just fine. I installed it this morning and it defragged all my drives with ZASS running. I watched it defrag the drives, it did not hang.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information