Thread: How to schedule Virus/Spyware updates JUST 1X (ONCE) a day? (Not multiple times every day!!!)

chamuel Guest

Default How to schedule Virus/Spyware updates JUST 1X (ONCE) a day? (Not multiple times every day!!!)

It's a real pain-in-the- #$@ to have Zonealarm downloading VIRUS and SPYRWARE updates *CONSTANTLY* (repeatedly--seems like every few hours!!) throughout the day.

Is there some way I can SELECT the *FREQUENCY* of updates? (Like with all the Norton products . . . you can choose "check for updates . . . ONCE daily, or ONCE every 2 days. . . )

If not, this would SURE be a big improvement.

Right now, I'm so **bleep**ed-off with the apparently NON-STOP updates throughout the day, that I have it TURNED OFF. (I just "manually" update those files once every day or so.)

Is anybody at ZA development listening?

Thanks

Jim

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

jdoliver Guest

Default Re: How to schedule Virus/Spyware updates JUST 1X (ONCE) a day? (Not multiple times every day!!!)

Its available in 7.0.462. anti-virus panel, advanced options, click on updates.

chamuel Guest

Default Re: How to schedule Virus/Spyware updates JUST 1X (ONCE) a day? (Not multiple times every day!!!)

Thanks!

Great advice.
    Well, looks like I wasn't the only person to suggest it.
    I've installed the update.
    Will keep my fingers crossed.
    God Bless

jdoliver Guest

You are welcome. I don't think its available in any of the earlier releases.
    Another new feature is hold down ctrl and shift while right clicking the icon in the system tray, The Reset item in the menu allows you to reset the ZA database without going to safe mode. You do lose all your configuration data and start fresh.

chamuel Guest

Thanks again.
    My, my.
    What will those clever programmers think of next?
    ("Inquiring minds want to know!&quot

Thread Information