Thread: Can I uninstall and reinstall ZoneAlarm with virus in Quarantine?

miss Guest

Default Can I uninstall and reinstall ZoneAlarm with virus in Quarantine?

I posted a previous message explaining that I continue to receive a boot error message when zonealarm scans for viruses. Since I have not found an answer yet, I'm considering uninstalling and reinstalling zonealarm to see if that helps. However, I have a virus in quarantine that zonealarm was unable to fix last week. If I uninstall, will that release the virus on my computer during the time I have no protection? Thanks
    p.s. I recently upgraded from the trial version to a paid version which didn't help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Can I uninstall and reinstall ZoneAlarm with virus in Quarantine?

Hi!

no, and the ZA uninstaller will ask you if you want to remove the virus from the Quarantine before uninstalling.
    Remove them... and then reinstall.

It would be good you uninstall with the /clean option,
    Check the forum for the procedure.

Please do not post the same message in more forum sections.

Thank you.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

miss Guest

Thanks for this reply. I've searched the board for "clean install" and have not found a thread for the information you described. Can you direct me to the link or name of the thread so I can find it? Sorry to be a bother. Also, would you have any suggestions concerning my other question at the link below concerning an error regarding boot sector:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=26017

Hi!
    Which kind of search did you use there are 100s of preferences for clean install

http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

miss Guest

Hello, I searched for "clean install". I received messages on problems updating after performing a clean install, but don't recall any with clear instructions on how to perfrom one. Thanks for sharing this link, I'll check it out now.

Thread Information