Thread: cookie deletion/zonealarm recommendation

Hybrid View

carolann Guest

Default cookie deletion/zonealarm recommendation

after a virus/spyware scan, with zonealarm internet security suite, on a new vista premium 32 laptop, I get the following message in the scanning status:

Tracking cookie deleted a small text/data file saved (set) onto computer to track browsing. Further, the scan recommends that the file be quarantined and monitored.

File is: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\C ookies\Low\owner@207[1]txt

I can not locate the exact file....can only locate down to the 'Windows\Cookies\'...

Question: How do I quarantine the file? Geez! I hate to show so much ignorance on such a simple question...but, I can't copy it into the ZA quarantine area....can't drag and drop........know it has to be a simple matter, but I don't know what it is. Can anyone help?

thanks,
    carolann

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: cookie deletion/zonealarm recommendation

For cookies, just make ZA delete them. Not worth quarantining cookies at all.

watcher Guest

Dear carolann:

I agree with Jerusalem. Don't waste your time with quarantining them. To set ZAISS to delete your cookies after 1 day(default), click Privacy panel, Main tab, then click the Custom button in the Cookie Control section. In the Custom Privacy Settings dialog box, Cookies tab, locate the Cookie Expiration section, and put a checkmark in the option, Expire Cookies. It should have enabled the subsetting underneath, After, and have 1 day in the spinner control box.

You can also set your browser to delete cookies upon closing the browser. Either way, cookies resident on your hard drive will never be more than a day old. Tracking cookies can't function in such an environment.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Message Edited by WATCHER on 01-09-2008 04:50 PM

carolann Guest

Thanks, y'all! : )

Thread Information