Thread: zlclient.exe application failed to initialize

carmine Guest

Default zlclient.exe application failed to initialize

Hello Findley
    Thanks for responding to my(other) post, an I apologize I didnt realize I needed to start a new thread, considering it was a similiar problem (same error code)

Anyway...No I am not running Service Pak 2 so that may well be the issue, service pak 2 for whatever reason causes me instability, its a long story and I have tried to work it out
    with SP2 with no luck
    Is it just since this latest update? because I can run previous versions with no problems
    (even now)
    its just when I allow this last update to install that I run into the problem.

so I guess I'm outta luck with Zone Alarm? maybe I'll give SP2 another shot when time allows right now I cant totally tear the computer apart (again) trying to figure it out

But I would just like to thank you for helping out and any suggestions are welcome
    Thanks again

findley Guest

Default Re: zlclient.exe application failed to initialize

<blockquote><hr>Carmine wrote:
    Hello Findley
    Thanks for responding to my(other) post, an I apologize I didnt realize I needed to start a new thread, considering it was a similiar problem (same error code)

Anyway...No I am not running Service Pak 2 so that may well be the issue, service pak 2 for whatever reason causes me instability, its a long story and I have tried to work it out
    with SP2 with no luck
    Is it just since this latest update? because I can run previous versions with no problems
    (even now)
    its just when I allow this last update to install that I run into the problem.

so I guess I'm outta luck with Zone Alarm? maybe I'll give SP2 another shot when time allows right now I cant totally tear the computer apart (again) trying to figure it out

But I would just like to thank you for helping out and any suggestions are welcome
    Thanks again
    <hr></blockquote>

Hi Carmine,

You are very welcome, Carmine!

Not running Service Pack 2 (SP2) is
    the problem.
    Other SP1 users have
    posted their inability to upgrade/install the latest version of ZA.
    ZA does not support anything less than SP2 for latest version.

Sorry to hear of your stability problems patching Windows operating system
    to SP2.
    As you posted, you can run older versions of ZA just not the latest.
    Running an older version of ZA is your best option until you get Windows patched to SP2.

Best regards,

Findley

lilyk Guest

I'm having the same problem and also can't download service pak 2. Any suggestions on how or where I can download an older version of ZoneAlarm free? The older version I had has already been uninstalled.
    Thanks for any help.
    Lily

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>LIlyK wrote:
    I'm having the same problem and also can't download service pak 2. Any suggestions on how or where I can download an older version of ZoneAlarm free? The older version I had has already been uninstalled.
    Thanks for any help.
    Lily
    <hr></blockquote>Hi Lily,
    Here is the link to Zone Alarm free release history and download links for older versions:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html
    Best regards,Findley

Thread Information