Thread: Outlook 2000 will not close

orionorion Guest

Default Outlook 2000 will not close

Hello,
    I have ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    version 7.0.462.000. Ever since I installed this version, whenever I close Outlook 2000 it does not really close. I have to go to Task Manager and end the process. I was using version 6.5.737.000 and did not have this problem. What has changed and how do I fix this.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Outlook 2000 will not close

Hard to say sometimes with Outlook on my laptop, Outlook 2000 with SP3 and it does not have ZA install - does not shutdown either.If you disable ZA 7.0.462.000 and run Outlook, does it shutdown?If you disable the anti-spam with ZA running, does it make a difference?

Message Edited by Jeruselem on 01-10-2008 05:38 PM

orionorion Guest

I disabled the spyware scanning in Zonealarm and Outlook open and cloesed with no problem. If I do not run Zonealarm again Outlook opens and closed with no problems. This did not happen with the older vision. What has been changed? What can I do. Do I have to downgrade?
    Thank you for your help.

You might have to downgrade to 6.5.737.001.See if patching your Outlook 2000 install with Office update fixes it, or upgrade to Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 is a lot better than 2000.

moose1am Guest

I noticed that ZAP security Suit also interferes with MS Windows XP and Outlook Express.
    When I enable the email protection in ZAP it really screws up my Outlook Express. It takes 20 minutes or maybe 4 minute but a long time before ZAP can scan the Email outbound or inbound emails and I get ride of the dialog box from ZAP.
    It would not be so annoying but that dialog box can't be sent to the task bar minimized. I have to manually move it
    to the very bottom of my screen to avoid looking at it while it slugs along.

To me it's just better to run off the ZAP security email protection to make Outlook useful.
    If not I can't even get or send my email for ten minutes or more.

There has to be a better way to get ZAP to check on the email without slowing Outlook down so much.
    And why should anyone have to go out an buy a new Microsoft Outlook 2003 program to get ZAP to work right.
    Fix ZAP please. I want to stick with Outlook Express.
    I do have a copy of Outlook 2000 that I got with the MS Small Business Version of Microsoft Office. I may load that back up someday.
    I had it installed a few times but after my last reformat I have not put it back on the hard drive. I sort of miss it
    in a way. It was a much better calender than Outlook Express and it had it's own spell checker which Outlook doesn't have.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Moose1am wrote:
    I noticed that ZAP security Suit also interferes with MS Windows XP and Outlook Express.When I enable the email protection in ZAP it really screws up my Outlook Express. It takes 20 minutes or maybe 4 minute but a long time before ZAP can scan the Email outbound or inbound emails and I get ride of the dialog box from ZAP. It would not be so annoying but that dialog box can't be sent to the task bar minimized. I have to manually move itto the very bottom of my screen to avoid looking at it while it slugs along. To me it's just better to run off the ZAP security email protection to make Outlook useful. If not I can't even get or send my email for ten minutes or more.There has to be a better way to get ZAP to check on the email without slowing Outlook down so much.And why should anyone have to go out an buy a new Microsoft Outlook 2003 program to get ZAP to work right. Fix ZAP please. I want to stick with Outlook Express.
    I do have a copy of Outlook 2000 that I got with the MS Small Business Version of Microsoft Office. I may load that back up someday. I had it installed a few times but after my last reformat I have not put it back on the hard drive. I sort of miss itin a way. It was a much better calender than Outlook Express and it had it's own spell checker which Outlook doesn't have.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

I'm Sorry that your Old Applications are having Compatibility problems with the Latest version of ZAP 7.0.462.000,

This is a ZA User Forum, Not a Tech Support or Customer Service Forum.. there are two seperate Web Pages for Tech Support and Customer Service..

We are ALL Users here, No checkpoint Employees monitor this Forum..

As a ZAP User with a Valid License you can contact ZA Tech Support Directly for FREE at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform

I have two WinXP and 2 Windows Vista computers running Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 that have no problem with ZASS or ZAP for XP or Vista..

Upgrading your Software is the cost of staying current, all Software programmers try toprogram their Newest Upgrades to work with the newest upgrades that Microsoft releases.. I have a radio Shack 48k Model One and two older Computers that ran great under Windows 3.11 and Windows 95, But Now Microsoft quite supporting them long ago..

---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.247.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.247.000
    Driver version:7.1.247.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:942512691
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3145
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version: 7.1.247.000 (Vista)
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro Beta
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3145

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

moose1am Guest

I would not think outlook express which shippped with Windows XP Home was an OLD program. If that's true then Windows XP must be an old Operating System?
    I'll just turn off the Zone Alarm Security Suit Email Protection and do without it.
    I don't use my email ohter than to contact a few very close friends and right now I am spam free.
    I had to take care of one spammer who was harrazing me but I had my ISP handle that bugger.
    This past week I have been spam free where before I was getting spam every day and multiple spamming emails.

So if thing stay the same I'll just carry on like I have been.
    Thanks for your reply though. Must be nice to be able to just go out and buy brand new Overpriced Software when you need to update your old software.
    Here money doesn't grow on trees and I won't steal other's software to keep up.
    If it's not broke don't try to fix it.

I'll contact the tech
    support guys. I thought that maybe someone in here had the same problem
    since a lot of peole in here have been using zone alarm and A LOT OF PEOPLE still use outlook express for emails.
    I would think that the people that
    program zap would realize this fact and accomodate the majority of email users.
    Until MS starts giving Outlook 2003 away free with the Operating System I would bet that more people use outlook express for their email than those that use Outlook 2003.
    But then again I could be wrong.
    But normally free products are used more than huge applications that cost &gt;$300.00.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Moose1am wrote:
    I would not think outlook express which shippped with Windows XP Home was an OLD program. If that's true then Windows XP must be an old Operating System?I'll just turn off the Zone Alarm Security Suit Email Protection and do without it. I don't use my email ohter than to contact a few very close friends and right now I am spam free. I had to take care of one spammer who was harrazing me but I had my ISP handle that bugger. This past week I have been spam free where before I was getting spam every day and multiple spamming emails. So if thing stay the same I'll just carry on like I have been.Thanks for your reply though. Must be nice to be able to just go out and buy brand new Overpriced Software when you need to update your old software. Here money doesn't grow on trees and I won't steal other's software to keep up. If it's not broke don't try to fix it.I'll contact the tech support guys. I thought that maybe someone in here had the same problemsince a lot of peole in here have been using zone alarm and A LOT OF PEOPLE still use outlook express for emails. I would think that the people thatprogram zap would realize this fact and accomodate the majority of email users. Until MS starts giving Outlook 2003 away free with the Operating System I would bet that more people use outlook express for their email than those that use Outlook 2003. But then again I could be wrong. But normally free products are used more than huge applications that cost &gt;$300.00.
    <HR>Here is a Quick Search of Google.com for FREE Email Utilities</BLOCKQUOTE>
    <TABLE id=dgOnlyProducts style="WIDTH: 95%; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none" cellSpacing=0 rules=rows border=1><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 2pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: white; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: white; COLOR: black; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: white; FONT-FAMILY: Arial Black; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: white"><TD class=table-content-2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 30%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d2d8f9" vAlign=center align=middle>Software Title</TD><TD class=table-content-2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 8%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d2d8f9" vAlign=center align=middle>Date Updated</TD><TD class=table-content-2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 8%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d2d8f9" vAlign=center align=middle>User Ratings</TD><TD class=table-content-2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 9%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d2d8f9" vAlign=center align=middle>Price</TD><TD class=table-content-2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 8%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d2d8f9" vAlign=center align=middle>Download Count</TD><TD class=table-content-2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 8%; HEIGHT: 27px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d2d8f9" vAlign=center align=middle>Download Now!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=normal_black_text align=left>Email Subscriber Pro
    Intended for organizing subscription to mailing lists
    Licence Type :Freeware
    File Size :713KB

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>5/19/2007 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle> </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>$ 0.00

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>600 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text style="HEIGHT: 29px" align=middle> </TD></TR><TR class=table-content-2><TD class=normal_black_text align=left>RealMetrics Client - Email Hosting
    Review the reliability, speed, and customer service of email hosting providers
    File Size :3.96MB

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>10/24/2006 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle> </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>$ 0.00

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>722 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text style="HEIGHT: 29px" align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=normal_black_text align=left>SMTP Diagnostic Tool
    Diagnose your SMTP connection
    File Size :248KB

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>2/17/2006 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle> </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>$ 0.00

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>459 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text style="HEIGHT: 29px" align=middle> </TD></TR><TR class=table-content-2><TD class=normal_black_text align=left>Handy Outlook Tools
    Edit and resend SENT emails by converting to UNSENT with Handy Outlook Tools.
    File Size :10KB

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>12/5/2005 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle> </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>$ 0.00

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>189 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text style="HEIGHT: 29px" align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=normal_black_text align=left>ADX Toys 2 OL
    Is a COM add-in that adds several useful features to Microsoft Outlook.
    File Size :780KB

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>1/19/2005 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle> </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>$ 0.00

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>433 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text style="HEIGHT: 29px" align=middle> </TD></TR><TR class=table-content-2><TD class=normal_black_text align=left>FlexWizard - Site management via e-mail
    Update content on your web site by sending an e-mail.
    File Size :569KB

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>1/16/2005 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle> </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>$ 0.00

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>434 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text style="HEIGHT: 29px" align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=normal_black_text align=left>Email Finder Pro
    Fast and simple email address extraction utility.
    File Size :650KB

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>2/14/2004 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle> </TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>$ 0.00

</TD><TD class=normal_black_text align=middle>775 </TD><TD class=normal_black_text style="HEIGHT: 29px" align=middle> </TD></TR><TR class=table-content-2><TD class=normal_black_text align=left>1st Subscription Manager
    Parse your POP3 messages containing subscriptions and unsubscriptions.
    File Size :650KB
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information