Thread: a/s scan stalls and locks on pause

ozoned Guest

Default a/s scan stalls and locks on pause

Using newest xp security suite 70642. Tried deleting the two files recommended .rdb ? no avail . any help appreciated.

David

PS I am deeply disappointed by the quality of checkpoint support. Same **bleep** form filled out several times and still can not even send an email to TS. I did manage several months ago but maybe FF is no longer compatible. No knowledgebase, no live tech robot even. I am a long time za user but given the level of support, can not see paying for this product again no matter how this is resolved. I have learned that this forum is solely user supported, Kudos to you and certainly no offense

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: a/s scan stalls and locks on pause

ozoned,

To the best of my knowledge, use only IE6 or IE7 to submit a report to technical support. It has been my experience that only internet explorer works to submit a tsform, not firefox or any other browser. Also, it has been my experience that you'll get an acknowledgement - case number back from technical support fairly quickly. Also, since this is Friday, I would mention it is widely reported on this forum that technical support does not work on weekends. So good luck submitting a technical support request using Internet Explorer browser.

Maybe this helps you

Regards,
    Findley

ozoned Guest

Thanks Findley

I have been trying to take your advice but can't find a tsform, only a 'non technical' service form.
    Maybe I should just ask for a partial refund.
    If my memory serves you had so kind of hang problem, did you get any help from ZA on this matter?

Regards,
    David

PS I am still appalled at the level of support that CP offers its ZA customers.

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>ozoned wrote:
    Thanks Findley

I have been trying to take your advice but can't find a tsform, only a 'non technical' service form.
    Maybe I should just ask for a partial refund.
    If my memory serves you had so kind of hang problem, did you get any help from ZA on this matter?

Regards,
    David

PS I am still appalled at the level of support that CP offers its ZA customers.
    <hr></blockquote>Hi David,
    Sorry to hear you are still having problems getting to the technical support form.
    I just checked the Link - pulled it up on my computer using IE7.http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...ch_support.jsp
    To answer your question, since upgrading to latest version - no problems.
    Hope this helps you,Regards,Findley

ozoned Guest

Thanks Findley

Already did the cs form just did the ts form.
    To use the phrase from the old joke about the farmer and the lost traveler: I just couldn't get there from here. FMI how did you get to that link?

Regards and thanks,
    David

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>ozoned wrote:
    Thanks Findley

Already did the cs form just did the ts form.
    To use the phrase from the old joke about the farmer and the lost traveler: I just couldn't get there from here. FMI how did you get to that link?

Regards and thanks,
    David
    <hr></blockquote>

Hi ozoned,

I have the link to ZA tech support bookmarked/favorites in my browsers. My original source for the link was here on this forum.

Hope this helps

Regards,
    Findley

Hi!you can get the link to support by using the ZA "instant support" tool you find at this page:http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...rt/support.jspYou ask the question to the tool and if the answer does not solve your issue you just tick on "NO" and if there are no other pre-configured suggestions it willdirect you to the ZA support web form...Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 01-18-2008 09:12 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information