1. Mywebsearch: probably an update in the AV signature have triggered the detection.
2. Restore point: Sometimes restore point may contain corrupted files that stack the scanning of the system
3. End program: This is not normal, is your system stable? Are you running other security tools apart from ZA? You could try to make a clean install of ZA to see if it makes any difference or reset the ZA database.<hr>
1. Agreed, that's the most likely scenario.
2. Still have not restored the Restore Point as the
scans seems to be going well with out it - only one lock-up on a manual AV scan.
I wish to let it auto scan for several days before I re-enable the Restore Point as a confirmation process. That way, I can provide good intell. (Side issue - I am checking forum to see why ZASS seems to skip a scheduled scan every
now and then).
3. That's the problem, the system is the most stable I have ever seen a computer of mine: a few lock-ups now and then, but compared to my Win98SE Neanderthal - its heaven. I'll have to wait a while, before I can do a full
O/S re-install, so I'll just have to put up with it until then.
ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
Anti-virus engine version:3
Anti-virus SDK version:126.96.36.199
Anti-virus signature DAT file version:943461104
Anti-spyware engine version:188.8.131.52
Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3225
Message Edited by Dannyf on 01-28-2008 07:34 PM