Thread: Antivrius problem

davidmeikle Guest

Default Antivrius problem

My antivirus protection has somehow switched itself off and I am unable to switch it on again. The on/off facitility does not operate. Help!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Antivrius problem

Hi!

please try the suggestion here:
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...hread.id=26851

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

olderdude Guest

The same thing happened to me, and the recommended fix worked.
    However, I hope ZoneAlarm staff monitors these.
    Two things are possible:
    Either some site was able to switch the AV off, or some change in the computer OS turned it off.
    I use Vista, whch can be funny with downloads, although I have given ZoneAlarm Vista permissions.
    In any case - can I turn in autodoawnloads again?
    Will ZA see and fix this problem?
    It makes me uncomfortable.

sparkykitten Guest

Thank you very much Guru I had the problem today and followed the link and all is now OK.. Has anyone found out why its happening.?
    Regards- soon to be 60
    years old sparkykitten (female net addict)

Hi!nope, I don't know... probably some glitches wth ZA registration server.But now all servers seems to work normally.Cheers,Fax

muddywellies Guest

I had the same problem appear this morning when I started up. I have XP Pro and ZA Security Suite 7.0.462.000. I followed the advice earlier in this post and switched to manual updates and restarted my PC. No change. The antivirus reports an error and refuses to activate, suggesting updates are disabled or the system clock has been set forward. The system clock shows correct time and updates remain on manual following the restart described earlier. Any further suggestions anyone?

Antispyware has no such problems.

Hi!everything works fine here, you may have somehow different problems as compared to the recent issues.I would try to reboot again.. just in case. Then, if you still have problems. Take note of your license key and Uninstall ZA using the /clean and /rmlicense switches.See here: http://209.34.83.233/noHoldCust542/P...n_install.htmlAnd then reinstall, see here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...structZAP.htmlCheers,Fax

Same problem yesterday on both desktop & laptop just few minutes after antivirus updating antivirus of my .462 (first problem arised with this very reliable issue !). Problem solved with clean uninstall & reinstall. The problem, in my opinion, is due to the server.Since such a problem could happen when
    You are travelling with
    your laptop, I just decided to
    save a zipped copy of the program on my laptop: I suggest You to do the same !Thanks & regards

defrag Guest

Same problem with desktop and laptop simultaneously, thought I `d been hacked. Only solution was uninstall and clean reinstall

muddywellies Guest

Thanks guys. Problem sorted, but only after a good deal of time and effort including registering on the forum. None of which can explain why, after months of good reliable service, my ZA should abruptly 'unhinge itself'. At first sight, it was kinda reassuring to see that my problem is not unique to me!

Thread Information