Thread: ZA is disabling ZA anti-virus and will not let me switch it back on

billhuggins Guest

Default ZA is disabling ZA anti-virus and will not let me switch it back on

I switched the computer on a got a warning message that ZA had disabled the anti-virus.
    It gave a link to click to "update now and reactivate
    scanning".
    I did that and it still would not switch on.
    On the Anti virus main tab there is a message that "Anti-virus is deactivated.
    This can occur if the system clock has been set forward or anti-virus updates are disabled" and there is a link below to update now and re-activate scanning.
    I did that and the update dialog box tells me that updates are up to date. Still cannot switch anti-virus back on.
    I have automatic updates switched on and my clock is at the correct time.
    Any one got any ideas what is wrong?
    I've
    been using the computer all day with no problems.
    I came back after an hour and switched back on and the problem started.
    Thanks
    Bill

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

alsvid Guest

Default Re: ZA is disabling ZA anti-virus and will not let me switch it back on

Exactly the same here - see chorus of similar issues in the "ZoneAlarm Antivirus/Anti-Spyware" forum.

I have tried the old trick of going into safe mode and deleting Internet Log but no change.

billhuggins Guest

Thanks for letting me know - I found a work around - set the date in the future and reboot - update and reboot and then reset the date to today's date - seems to sort the problem.
    I am now off to draft a vitriolic email to ZA about their appalling lack of communication and the loss of my protection.

Bill

whalelady Guest

I have had the same problem, oddly enough the same day?? with no previous problems as with you.

hankmut Guest

This is useful I have had the same problem, I have five licences and since yesterday they have all been disabling themselves, I am annoyed that zonealarm have not sent out an alert.

tracet Guest

Same here this morning.
    No problems yesterday.When I clicked the link ZASS gave me to update the antivirus and reactivate scanning, the updates successfully downloaded and mine too still wouldn't turn back on, it was grayed out. X-(Then I clicked the link
    again as it
    was still there and it reported it was up to date!
    Clock and date were set correctly so I chose to restart
    the computer and all was
    OK and working normally!!Very weird B-)

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:943802062
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3255
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by TraceT on 02-01-2008 10:16 AM

ctflyer Guest

Problem: "Anti-virus scanning is de-activated. This can occur if the system clock has been set forward or anti-virus updates are disabled" [text placed here for new searches to find]

Just an update here to the required actions. You dont have to reboot.

If your Anti-Virus gets deactivated and cant be reactivated by an update, then try it this way:

Step 1: Set the system date forward. (I just went to the end of the current month. I would guess one day should do it)
    Step 2: Shutdown ZoneAlarm Security Suite. (Right click on the task bar icon in the taskbar notification area)
    Step 3: Restart ZoneAlarm Security. (from start menu)
    (You will probably notice that this is where the Anti-virus gets switched back on)
    Step 4: Set the system date back to the correct day.
    Step 5: Shutdown and Restart ZoneAlarm Security as in steps 2 & 3.

I have just put this here for other users to find it.

Thread Information