Thread: cannot open file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\Updates\LocalCatalog .xml' for writing

dracodruid Guest

Default cannot open file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\Updates\LocalCatalog .xml' for writing

This is the error message I get when I try to manually update ZA or run the Anti-Spyware actualization.
    It all started with updating from v7.0.3??? to 7.0.462.000.

Please anybody: HELP!

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by DracoDruid on 02-03-2008 02:41 PM

Default Re: cannot open file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\Updates\LocalCatalog .xml' for writing

Hi!please see here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...p;message.id=2"... This can be caused by a corrupt file. - click Start -> Run -> type SYSTEM32 and click OK- double-click on ZONE LABS, then on UPDATES- delete all files, especially LocalCatalog.xml- run the anti-spyware update again ..."If you are not able to remove the *.xml file please remove it in SAFE MODEHow tostart in SAFE MODE: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d..._failsafe.mspxIf all the above fails please contact ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsformand post back here if you find a solution...Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 02-03-2008 02:52 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dracodruid Guest

Default Re: cannot open file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\Updates\LocalCatalog .xml' for writing

I managed to delete the file via safe-mode,
    The update folder is empty now (there was only the LocalCatalog file)
    but that didn't fix the problem

Do I have to copy a new file into, or would that be generated somehow?

Hi!It should be generated automatically when you udate the definitions...If not, better to write to ZA technical support.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information