Thread: runemacs.exe vs. unknown virus Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.vi

mspreitz Guest

Default runemacs.exe vs. unknown virus Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.vi

ZoneAlarm Security Suite has recently started quarantining my runemacs.exe file, claiming it is infected with the "Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.vi" virus.
    And yet, Kapersky disavows all knowledge of such a virus (see http://vic.zonelabs.com/tmpl/body/vi...332480377-1043).
    What's going on here?
    I am running ZASS 7.0.462.000, TrueVector engine same version, Driver same version, AV engine version 3, DAT file version 944683438.
    The runemacs.exe file is from: "GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)

of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE".

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: runemacs.exe vs. unknown virus Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.vi

Hi!

please zip the file, password protect it and send an e-mail to newvirus at kaspersky dot com. Subject: false positive
    Include password in the e-mail. A malware analyst will check your file and correct teh false positive, if it is a false positive.

To double check your antivirus signature is updated, please upload the file to www.virustotal.com and check that kaspersky give the same detection. If not, update your virus signature.

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 02-15-2008 09:43 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

psyncho Guest

Default RGui.exe vs. unknown virus Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.vi

I have the same problem with RGui.exe (this only recently started happening). What would be nice is if you could tell ZoneAlarm it was a false positive through the interface. Or at least tell it to stop quarantining a particular file.

Default Re: RGui.exe vs. unknown virus Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.vi

Hi!please do not hijack other user thread, your issue may be different from the OP post.First you need to understand which part of ZASS detectedthe thread than report to Kaspersky (if related to the antivirus) or ZA (if related to the antispyware).You can contact ZA technical support at www.zonelabs.com/tsform and suggest a 'submit file' option...It is usually useful to check the file against other antivirus engines at www.virustotal.comCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information