Thread: Antivirus/Antispyware panel won't start because of "corrupted" files

thearcher Guest

Default Antivirus/Antispyware panel won't start because of "corrupted" files

Good morning,
    When I start my PC, I receive a popup indicating the AV/AS panel wasn't configured properly, probably due to corrupted files. I receive this message 2 out of 3 boots. The other times it works fine. Any thoughts? I have no other AV/AS software installed. This is Windows XP, SP2.
    Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

randus Guest

Default Re: Antivirus/Antispyware panel won't start because of "corrupted" files

Hi Mate,
    I am having the same problem.
    Hope someone can help

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Antivirus/Antispyware panel won't start because of "corrupted" files

If either of you are using the latest version 7.0462. 7.1.248 please try this...<hr>
    1. If you are using the latest version 7.0.462* and/ or 7.1.248* you can use this easier method - instead:
    2. Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray).
    This way:
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot<hr>Also see/ click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=26698<hr>and this &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=32651<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 2-16-08 - Wild Horses
    - The Rolling Stones

davidjones Guest

I think you can remove your corrupted file first, If not then remove your Anti Virus Software, I also have Adware Alert Antispyware that can performed badly and corrupted my files and its performance is FCUK my computer system and files, I got this anti-spyware from www.adwarealert.com,,

Thanks

Thread Information