Thread: Sn question ZASS's

eeight Guest

Default Sn question ZASS's

I have Zonealarm security suite 7.0.xxx on my XP machine working fine, I just got another box with Vista Home Premium, I downloaded the version specific for Vista and installed it. when I tried to put in my SN from my Xp version it wouldn't take.
    Question: does the version for Vista require a whole new SN. ?
    I was under the understanding that both versions were the same except that one was for Vista OS and one was for XP OS, and either one would be able to use the same license.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Sn question ZASS's

Hi!please check with ZA customer support your license key: www.zonealarm.com/csform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

eeight Guest

" Hi!please check with ZA customer support your license key: www.zonealarm.com/csform "
    Cheers,Fax

================================================== ================================================== ==============

Well "cheers" 2U2 homes, but geeze man all I need is for anybody that has a XP license and moved to Vista to let me know what they found happened, thats all I need. I'm just curious if other people that did that have the same deal.

Hi!nope, it should work in most cases...But please note that the key system in VISTA is different, this is due to antipiracy measures.You can check the validity of your key here: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...e_key_help.jspCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

Eeight, if I read you right you have XP with a single license and now your trying the 'same' license key on a new Vista pc?? And the Vista won't hold the key.<hr>Well, yes and no; if you have single license key with that XP - you can not enter it again on a new pc, but if &quot;you un-install the ZA on the XP pc - you can &gt; then use the same license on a new Vista pc, but you must properly un-install the ZA on XP -first. Use this instruction &gt; http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html .<hr>If you have 3 pc license key and still have an open 'spot' - please disregard my above presumptions. But, if you only have a single license; then of course you need to buy a new 'subscription' for the new Vista pc/ 2nd pc.<hr>See/ click here &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=11823#M76255
    <hr>

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 02-28-2008 10:44 PM

eeight Guest

Hmmmm well thanks for that info, but........ I'm wondering, if I just installed the Vista Version 7.1.248 and am NOT connected to the web, and just used the key I now use on my XP machine at the startup screen of ZA on the Vista machine, before it even connects, why wouldn't take at that time?.

I mean it hasn't even connect yet and even run ZA to see if its a duel or single license?

And how would it even know if its just installed on a new machine?
    You
    would think if the license is in effect on the XP machine, it should at least let me continue with the installation and accept the key &quot;until&quot; I actually connect it and it than lets me know whats up.
    I mean since its a complete new install from the get go on a new machine and the key works now
    on my XP machine it should work to install, wouldn't you think?
    So anyway what your gettin at if I read your reply right, is that the key for 7.0.462 version XP ,
    IS a workable key for the Vista 7.1.248 version too, is that right?

OK man thanks for the info about the duel license anyway, but I still can't figure out what my un-installing ZA
    on my XP machine before I'm even installed on the new Vista machine has to do with anything, I mean my Vista machine is sitting on another table and isn't talking to my XP machine hahaha.

Thread Information