Thread: The Security alert keeps coming up for ScanningProcess.exe

parkingticket Guest

Default The Security alert keeps coming up for ScanningProcess.exe

The Security alert keeps coming up for ScanningProcess.exe when Zonelabs Security Suite starts its own scanning!!
    Although I keep "allowing" it -it pops up with the alert every 5 0r 6 seconds and does not go off even though I tick the box and permit. It makes no difference even if I deny it.
    This means I cannot scan for viruses.
    This is surely a bug.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

greyleaf Guest

Default Re: The Security alert keeps coming up for ScanningProcess.exe

Hi.
    I am also having the same problem.
    I am adding more information to this post.
    - I have been using ZoneAlarm Security Suite for more than 2 years.
    I presently have version 7.0.462.000 and have had it installed for weeks with no problems.
    - Yesterday evening (Feb 23) I was working quite a bit on my PC (P4_2.66GHz_1GB_WinXP Home).
    I was using Excel - Word - Windows Media Player - IE - and maybe some other applications.
    - I was done with what I was doing and rebooted.
    I was going to log into my WinXP User account I use for PC maintenance to do a scan using ZoneAlarm.
    Not that I thought there was a problem, but as my normal end of saturday night task.
    - The first indication of a problem was Windows saying that the ZoneAlarm Firewall was not working.
    The ZoneAlarm main screen for Firewall showed it was set to High.
    The overview screen says "All Systems Active".
    - The second indication of trouble was the "Found New Hardware" wizard showing up for My HP Printer.
    The system recognizes the printer but does not see the flash card reader built into it.
    The "hardware found wizard" talks about "officejet reflash" not being found which I don't ever remember seeing and seems to be an odd desciption for the memory card reader.
    - I initiated a Virus/Spyware scan and immediately started to get the ZoneAlarm Security Alerts (RED).
    I clicked Alway always for tens of times, then tried to close the scan.
    After goofing around with this many times, I am able to "skip" the scans and click allow tens of times, but it always ends up locking my system up & !!Task Manager!! up and the only method to get out of this so far is to do a hardware reset using my PC's restart push button.
    I am able to do a manual scan of one file with just one Red Alert showing.
    If I click allow, it finishes this scan without locking up the PC.

Hi!this is due to corrupted ZA settings... reset ZA databases will fix the it (and do not restore any previous backups).This way:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootThe above only work if you are running the latest version. If you are not on the latest version please update to it (choose clean install)Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

greyleaf Guest

Thanks Fax.
    I did the reset like you described and I no longer got the Indicator from Windows about ZoneAlarm Firewall not working.
    Then I loaded my backed up ZoneAlarm configuration from two months ago _ Rebooted _ and still no "Windows - Firewall not working" indication.
    I attempted a scan.
    The antivirus scan worked better, but I still encountered Red Alerts.
    The Spyware scan worked without problems this time.
    Then I reset ZoneAlarm again and rebooted a couple of times.
    Then I did a scan and everything worked ok.
    I have tweaked my Zone Alarm configuration back to what I had and have my fingers crossed.

You're welcome!yes, it is important you do not restore the setting from old backup...They may be the origin of the problem as it is in your case.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information