Thread: Does zone alarm always ask if you want "internet" access for your ip address?

miss Guest

Default Does zone alarm always ask if you want "internet" access for your ip address?

Each time I log on to the internet, my ip address changes, and
    zone alarm will usually ask
    if I want my current ip address to have "internet" access or other. However, it has not asked me that question lately, and
    automatically selects "internet" and I'm able to access the internet. Is this normal? Why? Are settings memorized for specific ip addresses? Just curious

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

miss Guest

Default Re: Does zone alarm always ask if you want "internet" access for your ip address?

Does anyone have an answer? Just curious?

Default Re: Does zone alarm always ask if you want "internet" access for your ip address?

Hi!
    I am not sure I understand what you mean by new IP.
    ZA should not ask you whenever you have a new IP.

When it is asking for permission at every boot than its more a problem with the ZA settings (i.e. corrupted) or may be you are suffering from the bug that is reported to be fixed in the new beta?

-----------
    Version currently in testing:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.0.467.000 (Beta Version for Windows 2000/XP only)

Fixed Issues

* Antivirus: Allow ZA to run in safe mode to AV scans (Safemode with Networking)
    * Installer: Fixed gate against Spyware Doctor 5.5.
    * Other: Fixes issue where the client would suddenly "forget" it's settings and ask over and over for a new network or program
    -----------

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information