Thread: Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro (7.0.470.000) can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV?

awesome1 Guest

Default Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro (7.0.470.000) can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV?

Can anyone explain what this means? about co-exists with KAV? Does it recognise the AV or is ZA Pro able to update correctly which NEVER happened with previous versions & by this I mean the DAT file would never update as something with KAV would conflict even though trusted zones were configured etc. Currently I run NOD Version 3 with ZA Pro & they work together well but my ideal preference is KAV!

Message Edited by awesome1 on 03-22-2008 03:58 PM

Default Re: Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro (7.0.470.000) can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV?

<blockquote><hr>awesome1 wrote:
    Can anyone explain what this means? about co-exists with KAV? Does it recognise the AV or is ZA Pro able to update correctly which NEVER happened with previous versions & by this I mean the DAT file would never update as something with KAV would conflict even though trusted zones were configured etc. Currently I run NOD Version 3 with ZA Pro & they work together well but my ideal preference is KAV!

Message Edited by awesome1 on 03-22-2008 03:58 PM
    <hr></blockquote>

ZA Pro should always have worked with KAV, regardless of what is said at kaspersky labs. Seemed to be a bug in the KAV not the ZA that this did not work.
    Usually installing the KAV first and then the ZA Pro solved the bleep warning from the KAV of any conflicts.

The ZA free was always a full ZAISS installer with hidden kaspersky files and drivers, so naturally this would conflict with the kaspersky resident. Something to avoid.

I used the KAV and the ZA paid versions just fine, with no issues.
    Stopped using the KAV once they designed the KAV to declare conflicts with the ZA Pro or the ZA Antispy. Bad approach for a vendor if they want to be respectable.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro (7.0.470.000) can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV?

Tried a download of the ZA free and got a file not found. wanted to see if the ZA free installer is full ZAISS installer or a lean installer.
    Maybe the download servers are flooded or the ZA free installer file will be presented on Tuesday.

Still puzzled at the compatibility with the KAV and the ZA Pro and ZA Free. The ZA Pro always worked with the KAV if the ZA was installed second not first.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

awesome1 Guest

Thanks for the replies! ZA Pro AS would update as it supposed to but in actual fact it wasn't updating at all cause the DAT file was always the same for weeks &amp; it was only when you shut down KAV &amp; manually updated the AS in ZA the DAT file would install to the latest one! I tried it on three computers but all gave the same problem!? So got rid of KAV &amp; went with NOD &amp; hey presto no conflicts and both working well and updating without conflicts &amp; no configuration had to be made!!
    Still not sure what is meant by &quot;ZoneAlarm Pro (7.0.470.000) can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV?&quot;
    Considering ZASS 7 uses the KAV engine you would have thought Kaspersky would have dealt with this as there are issues! Just gone through the KAV/KIS forums &amp; it seems the latest version is causing mega problems all round so maybe I will stick with NOD &amp; ZA Pro!!

Dropped my KAV months ago and never looked back.
    Got an ESET AV license among others. It seems to be ok.
    Starting to like Avira more than ever - no proxy or port scanner to contend with.

Cheers.
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information