Thread: ZA pro is denying that I have an AntiVirus software altho...

brainymd Guest

Default ZA pro is denying that I have an AntiVirus software altho...

ZA pro is denying that I have an AntiVirus software although I do have. I am having Eset Nod32 Antivirus 3 on my system.
    Second: Does the Antispyware included in ZA counteract
    the engine included
    in Nod32. Because I noticed that the "vsmon.exe" service is using more resources than Nod32 do.
    Thanks ahead

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

sdmaley Guest

Default Re: ZA pro is denying that I have an AntiVirus software altho...

You didn't say which version of NOD32. I used 2.* for years with ZAP. Am now using 3.*. Neither version of NOD32 ever conflicted with ZAP 7.*, that I recall...

In ZAP, Program Control will list Programs as Eset* for the newer NOD32. ZAP didn't allow Eset GUI (egui.exe) 3.0.621 any Access trust at all, but seems to trust 3.0.642 a little more. It did allow Eset Service (ekrn.exe), both variants, full access.

brainymd Guest

I am using Nod AV 3.0.642,And since I am using a laptop .... so you can assess ue of resourses for how frequent
    fan is going ON. It is too fequently

VSMON.exe is a service that come usually with the suite which I dont like it b/c of this service it has been causing many system conflicts before.

The ZA antivirus monitor does not recognize the NOD. It only sees McAfee and NAV.

The ZA spyware scanner does not conflict with the NOD32.

The vsmon.exe is not just for the suite but for all za firewalls- it is the main component of the firewall.

Your laptop fan may come on sooner than needed if the fans and the heatsinks and the exhaust vents and grills are dirty or need cleaning.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

brainymd Guest

My laptop fan doesnt usually come on untill I installed the firewall. Also,the system resources use ran up from 200mb to 330mb. That is why I dont feel comfortable and
    I thought that it may be due to some conflicts. My laptop is centrino 1.6 and RAM of 1.25gb, I shouldnt experience a problem with them. There is a pause before any program can open or even Tab-switching in the internet explorer.

Thnx everybody

<blockquote><hr>brainymd wrote:
    My laptop fan doesnt usually come on untill I installed the firewall. Also,the system resources use ran up from 200mb to 330mb. That is why I dont feel comfortable and
    I thought that it may be due to some conflicts. My laptop is centrino 1.6 and RAM of 1.25gb, I shouldnt experience a problem with them. There is a pause before any program can open or even Tab-switching in the internet explorer.

Thnx everybody

<hr></blockquote>

[*]Boot your computer into the Safe Mode[*]Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder[*]Delete the backup.rdb, iamdb.rdb, *.ldb and the tvDebug files in the folder[*]Clean the Recycle Bin[*]Reboot into the normal mode[*]ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

After the reboot into the normal mode. set the New Network found as Trusted then answer the first few popups and then do this:

Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc

1. Go to Run and type in command and hit 'ok', and in the command then type in ipconfig /all then press the enter key. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side. Make sure there is a space between the ipconfig and the /all, and the font is the same (no capitals).
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall, open the Zones tab, click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted. Add the DNS IP(s) .
    3. Click OK and Apply. Then do the same for the DHCP server.
    4. The localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
    5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) as seen in the Zone Alarm's Program's list must have server rights for the Trusted Zone.
    Plus it must have both Trusted and Internet Access.

Extra help is found at Guru Hoov site for the DNS/DHCP.

See if this helps.

Make sure the newly reset ZA has the Program Control slider at Medium.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information