Thread: I can't turn my anti-virus on

kcerica Guest

Default I can't turn my anti-virus on

My spyware is on but I can't click the button
    to turn on the anti-virus, it's just not
    clickable. There's a link that says click here to update now and reactivate screnning but when I click it it says that the anti-virus encountered a failure and it says that the spyware
    failed writing received data to disk/application (http://udp.zonelabs.com/zonealarm/online///anti_spyware/spywaredatabase-70.zip')
    So I don't know what this means and I can't figure out what i can do to turn it on. It also says ant-virus scanning is deactivated. This can occur if the system clock has been set forward or anti-virus updates are disabled, it says this on the main page of the anti-virus/anti-spyware page and the box that you can click to scan for viruses or spyware aren't clickable either but it does say the spyware is on but the antivirus is off.
    Sorry for dragging on and on I just want to make sure I included everything I see so maybe it'll help anybody recognise what might be wrong and how I can fix it.
    Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: I can't turn my anti-virus on

OK, lets start with the easiest fix. Check your system clock. Is it correct in both time and date? If it is, shutdown your computer, and unplug it. Wait 15 minutes, and then plug it in, and startup again. Is the clock and calendar still correct?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information