Thread: Zone Alarm Firewall disabled after restart

Hybrid View

blueeyedfox Guest

Default Zone Alarm Firewall disabled after restart

This happend to me before, I go to start a game I always play everyday and my computer restarted, I come back on a Zone Alarm Firewall does NOT start I have to start it manually, Than it tells me a new network is connected, My anti virus and im security are off and I have to turn them on and my Program Controls are all messed up, Now if I restart my computer my Windows XP will be corrupted and I will have to repair it.
    What is this, Is something infecting my computer? Why does Zone Alarm keep resetting all its settings?
    Help me out.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

stupefy Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Firewall disabled after restart

BlueEyedFox,
    Uninstall ZoneAlarm through Control Panel Add or Remove Programs and see if that helps.....report back here.....May I ask what is the everyday game played?
    Also, run these tools from Microsoft and choose 'Full System Scan'Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool: http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspxWindows Live OneCare safety scanner: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm
    stupefy

riceorony Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Firewall disabled after restart

Do scans using housecall by trendmicro.com and active scan online by pandasecurity.com

These will provide 2nd checks just incase.

Download www.superantispyware.com and avg antispyware 7.5 (free version) from www.ewido.com

Good luck and if necessary run Hijack This! by trend micro and post in forums with members trained to cure the ailment (e.g. bleepingcomputer.com or geekstogo.com)

Thread Information