Thread: firewall/antivirus updates

zapron Guest

Default firewall/antivirus updates

Good Evening! I've just purchased a new computer with Vista Premium. So far no complaints.I replaced the Windows Firewall with Zone Alarm immediately,upon installation. One unusual issue has occurred,It states on the main interface that 0 Intrusions have been blocked since installation,and the Firewall is up to date,and I'm being protected. I've had Vista and Firewall up and running for three weeks now. Now my Internet Zone Security setting is on high,what I'm wondering is this normal,or am I experiencing a false sense of security!...No Pun Intended. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? And my update alerts froze this evening,I had to shutdown and reboot,that seemed to work. Sincerely...Zapron

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: firewall/antivirus updates

Hi!
    it may be perfectly normal if you connect via a router or modem doing NAT.

see here for a discussion about it:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=77411

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tangofoxtrot Guest

Default Re: firewall/antivirus updates

Yes, the only way over a two week period (less than that actually) to show zero intrusion attempts is to be behind NAT or another hardware firewall. Perfectly normal. Mine is the same. My copy of ZA is really only there for outgoing monitoring which is essential thesdays if you download a lot or have many programs on your PC that might attempt to "call home".

Thread Information