Thread: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen detected!

tzulady Guest

Default Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen detected!

Have ZASS V7, Windows XP Pro, SP2. ZA detected
    Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen but could not delete/quarrentine or do anything to get rid of it.
    Checking on the internet I found that it was most likely an email and that I should delete the offending email (which I had already determined was a phoney), clean out the deleted folder
    and empty the trash can. Reboot system. All accomplished. Quit getting the alerts but ran anti-virtus scan (wanted to be sure) but it hangs.
    I've cancelled it a couple of times and restarted but it still hangs. The anti-spyware runs with no problems. Anyone have any ideas??? I'm afraid to go to any website that I have to put in any personal info until this gets resolved. I never, never save any personal logons/passwords on my computer; always type them in fresh for everything.....maybe be a hassle but I
    feel a little safer that way. Any help would be greatly apprecaited!!!ThanksSharon

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen detected!

<blockquote><hr>TzuLady wrote:
    Have ZASS V7, Windows XP Pro, SP2. ZA detected
    Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen but could not delete/quarrentine or do anything to get rid of it.
    Checking on the internet I found that it was most likely an email and that I should delete the offending email (which I had already determined was a phoney), clean out the deleted folder
    and empty the trash can. Reboot system. All accomplished. Quit getting the alerts but ran anti-virtus scan (wanted to be sure) but it hangs.
    I've cancelled it a couple of times and restarted but it still hangs. The anti-spyware runs with no problems. Anyone have any ideas??? I'm afraid to go to any website that I have to put in any personal info until this gets resolved. I never, never save any personal logons/passwords on my computer; always type them in fresh for everything.....maybe be a hassle but I
    feel a little safer that way. Any help would be greatly apprecaited!!!ThanksSharon

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>TzuLady,
    What version of ZAISS?
    If you're running the latest version 7.0.470.000 have you tried running a scan in Safe Mode?
    If not give that a try - when you boot into safe mode choose Safe Mode with Networking
    and load ZAISS and run a scan.
    If you are using 7.0.462.00 version that won't work as ZA doesn't run in Safe mode in that version.
    Instead, if you're running the older version try
    alternative on-demand scanners.
    Two free on-demand scanners you can download and run to check the status of your computer:
    SUPERantispywarehttp://www.superantispyware.com/
    Malwarebytes Anti-malwarehttp://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
    Also, make sure you update the definitions on the above before running any scans using either of the above mentioned on-demand scanners.
    Hope this helps you.Findley

Thread Information