My wife and I each run ZAISS, and generally no problems (that I couldn t solve) for years. However, recently she is having problems that have me stumped.
1. She gets Anti-virus updates OK, but Anti-spyware update yields this error message: Cannot parse XML file C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\ZoneAlarm.xml
2. Approx at the same time the System Tray ZA icon goes to a solid red square with a yellow X . When I dwell the cursor on that icon, I get this info: True Vector security service is shut down
3. When I bring up the main ZAISS window, At the top, next to Overview in red letters there is this message: System Error: Please Reboot
4. Note difference (below) in DAT file version between the 2 computers.
5. When computer is in this state, Internet access is denied (on her machine). I still have Internet access thru the router on my machine.
ACTIONS ALREADY TAKEN:
1. Rebooting doesn t help. Have tried many times.
2. Have reset ZAISS to factory setting on her machine, with reboot. Nothing changes.
3. Have read thru many posts on this forum about TrueVector. Seems the answer is clean uninstal, and a reinstall, but would like to avoid this if there is simpler things to try first.
Would appreciate any help or ideas. Thanks in advance.
DSL connection thru Westell router. 2 computers on LAN with both running the following:<p align="left">Windows XP Home SP2 (All High-Priority and Critical Microsoft Updates are current)<p align="left">Browser: Firefox 126.96.36.199<p align="left">Spyware Guard<p align="left">AVG Anti-Spyware Free<p align="left">AVG Anti-Rootkit Free<p align="left">Windows Defender<p align="left">Spybot Search & Destroy Tea Timer<p align="left">?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" />Pest Patrol<p align="left">Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite v 7.0.470.000<p align="left">TrueVector security engine version 7.0.470.000<p align="left">Driver version 7.0.470.000<p align="left">Anti-virus engine version 3. DAT file version 949200184<p align="left">Anti-Spam version 188.8.131.5203<p align="left"><hr>
Computer WITHOUT problem has: Anti-spyware engine version 184.108.40.206.
DAT file version 200804.3715
Computer WITH problem has: Anti-spyware engine version 220.127.116.11.
DAT file version 200804.3645