Thread: System Error: Please Reboot

rafficarian Guest

Default System Error: Please Reboot

On my Zonealarm control center in the upper left area my screen says "System Error:Please Reboot"

also sys "Truevector Security Service is Shut Down" when I light the icon.....
    Would anyone have an idea what might be causing this?System: XP home, Intel quad, asus mobo,ATI vid, dial up internet, no other problem programs.
    ThanksRafficarian

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: System Error: Please Reboot

Hi!Truevector Security service is the main driver governing ZA firewall.If this is not functional your ZA is not protecting you.You do not specify which version of ZASS are you using, is it 6? 7? 7.466? 7.470, 7.473. To help volunteers here you should try at least giving some more details of the version of ZA that are you using.If you are not on ZA 7.0.473.000 please update to it. You find it here: www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/If you are already on this version try to reset the ZA settings, that is usually the cause of these errors. This way:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootIf the above fails, you will need to remove your ZASS with the /clean and /rmlicense switches and reinstall. See here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlZA settings get corrupted if:- you had recent crash/hangs of the system- cold shutdown (improper shutdown)- you are infected by malware- you have installed incompatible software (typically other overlapping security tools like antispyware or antivirus)Hope this helpsCheers,FaxP.S. If you are ondial-up it will be quite a pain to update any version of ZA or keeping updated your system...

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rafficarian Guest

I don't get the option to 'reset' when hitting control/shift, the popup is the same as if just hitting the icon. And yes you are correct as dial up took days to upgrade from the version on the purchase cd,I was VERY unhappy about that! There has to be a set up file I can delete to reset this as I do not want to have to spend days downloading the upgrade again.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!Rafficarian
    Ps: the version is 7.0.362.000

Hi!
    yes you are using a quite old version of ZA. There is no automatic reset in your version.

See here (below) how to manually reset your settings.
    Reboot into Safe Mode. Open Windows Explorer or another file manager, navigate to C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs. Delete all resident files with these extensions: .RDB, .ldb, and .tmp. If you deleted these to the Recycle Bin, empty that now. This will reset the ZA configuration database removing all your custom settings. Reboot back into Normal mode.

But, the best would be to clean update to latest version:
    1. Download latest version (link in my previous message)
    2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (ZA overview --> Preferences tab)
    3. Reboot you PC
    4. Install the latest version and when asked choose 'CLEAN' install (to start from a fresh ZA).

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information