Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem getting update for the latest zonealarm antispyware

metmichallica Guest

Default Problem getting update for the latest zonealarm antispyware

Zonealarm is working fine, but zone alarm antispyware is telling me there is an update available. When clicking get update the default browser opens and I come to a webpage with

Error 500--Internal Server Error
    From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
    10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Windows Home XP SP2
    512 mb ram
    I am using Avira Antivir Personal and Ad-Aware 2007- the paid version.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware

Default Re: Problem getting update for the latest zonealarm antispyware

It means the server is down and not responding to anything. Did it just start happening?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

metmichallica Guest

I just started using the Zonealarm antispyware the other day again so I'm not sure, sorry. Does anyone know how I can get the update? Thank you.

Michelle

ZoneAlarm Antispyware Version 7.0.408.000

tindelk Guest

I do not have a solution, but I have been having this same problem since at least the beginning of April. The anti-virus updates fine but the anti-spyware says that the server is busy.

It looks like there have been lots of problems with anti-spyware since the beginning of April. Any good solutions?

I am running XP sp2, no other anti-virus or anti-spyware. I update manually through the ZoneAlarm Suite.

Thanks

metmichallica Guest

Thanks for sharing your problems and letting me know they are not just on my end.

bigdawg_daddy Guest

<blockquote><hr>Metmichallica wrote:
    I just started using the Zonealarm antispyware the other day again so I'm not sure, sorry. Does anyone know how I can get the update? Thank you.

Michelle

ZoneAlarm Antispyware Version 7.0.408.000
    <hr></blockquote>Have you tried Upgrading ZA Anti-Spyware to 7.0.470.000 ?
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    to avoid any problem Durring the Upgrade just do the following:
    - Download the ZAAS installer- On your current ZA, Uncheck &quot;Load ZAAS... at startup&quot; (under ZA Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)- Reboot your PC- Install the new update (upgrade or clean install)

ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware Release History

The latest ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware release is 7.0.470.000.

Release History:<ul>[*]7.0 Branch

7.0.470.000 was released to the public on March 20, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.

<a target="_blank"></a>ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware version 7.0.470.000[/list]

Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.<ul>[*]Usability improvements:<ul>[*]Fixed the issue where in some cases the client would lose settings, causing user to respond to alerts that otherwise would not appear[*]Prevent unnecessary error dialog to be displayed for non-Admin users[*]Client can now be started in safe mode (with networking only) for antivirus scan and removal[/list][*]Compatibility improvements:<ul>[*]Enable content filtering and privacy when ForceField is active[*]Fixed the Spy Doctor Gate to only gate for 5.0 and earlier[*]Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV[/list][*]Various other stability and performance improvements[/list]

<a target="_blank"></a>ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware version 7.0.462.000<ul>[*]Performance improvements:<ul>[*]Improved system boot time[*]Included a new anti-spyware engine[/list][*]Additional Stability improvements:<ul>[*]Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon[*]Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown[*]Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient.[*]Fixed various install and upgrade issues[*]Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates[*]Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software[/list][*]Anti-spyware improvements:<ul>[*]New anti-spyware engine[*]Fixed issue where AS updates reported the client up to date when the client had no internet access[/list][*]Ease-of-use improvements:<ul>[*]New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone)[*]Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours[/list][*]Customization improvements:<ul>[*]Made AS update frequency configurable[*]Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray).[*]Various other fixes and improvements[/list][/list]

<a target="_blank"></a>ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware version 7.0.408.000<ul>[*]Performance improvements in system startup and shutdown, spysite loading, the update client, and more.[*]Stability improvements during, uninstall, while shutting down, and more.[*]Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issues with Project 2007, Bit Torrent, and Logitech Webcam.[*]Various usability and other improvements.[/list]---------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:949249821
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3715
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Try following <a href="http://www.zonealarm.com.au/main/kb_display.asp?KBID=11433
    " target=_blank>these</a> procedures all the way down to clean removal. Stop there. Let me know how it goes.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

zaswing Guest

One thing NOT to do is to experiment on weekends.
    I'm yet to see an update on weekend. Try Mo-Fri. For me it works like clockwork

I don't mean to imply that other people or versions do not see legitimate issues. Just reporting my observations with ZA Antispyware product.

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 04-21-2008 09:31 PM

naivemelody Guest

Metmichallica, you have Ad-Aware 2007(paid) please shut-off Ad-Watch then 'temporarily' shut-off Ad-ware 2007
    alltogether; there were some instances where Ad-Aware 2007 has interfered with ZA updating properly, and what I've read around the net - many reviews for Ad-Aware 2007 has not been &quot;good&quot; - resource hog, conflicting software. You may want to re-consider keeping it.<hr>See this &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    &lt;
    follow the tips; and you may want to try...
    You can try this: just prior to new downloading attempt, on your current ZA &gt; go to &quot;Overview&quot; &gt; Preferences &gt; General - &quot;uncheck the box for&quot; = 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup' &gt; click once, wait - it may take a few
    seconds for it to register, but it will clear the box.[*]
    Please restart/ reboot. &lt;[*]&gt;
    Now, download and install your new 470. Unloading the current/ old version will ensure less conflicts between the old version and new version; after install you will have to re-start your pc. { this is a Super Tip - that will help prevent some 'true vector issues' on upgrades/ updates } Special Note: this works fairly well within those updating from any 7x series
    to 7.0.470.[*]and you 'may' want to 'temporarily' shut off the anti-virus just prior to downloading/ installing ZA.<hr>See this &gt; http://www.zonealarm.com.au/main/kb_...asp?KBID=11433
    .<hr><ul>[/list][/list]

danphi Guest

Same problem.
    Question is, ZA has conveniently made it impossible to notify them that their server is broken.
    How do we contact them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information