Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ScanningProcess.exe

mickdodge Guest

Default Re: ScanningProcess.exe

Hi Fax,
    Went through the Service & Start up sections as suggested. All Service files loaded without any adverse effect. The Start up file however gradually got worse as I added more files. Conclusion: Too many Processes trying to out do each other. I went through them and decided what was necessary or not, ensuring that anything I was unsure of, stayed selected.

So far the system is running OK so I hope I have resolved the issue for a while. I'll keep my eye on the Processor in future and housekeep as necessary.

Thanks again for your help, it was really appreciated.

Mick Dodge

You're welcome!
    Glad to hear that you have found a way to solve your issue.

Thank you for taking the time to report back about progress.

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-24-2008 04:41 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

qbixqbix Guest

I don't want to rain on your parade but I have had a very similar problem. Boot the XP SP2 machine (2.4 GHz P4, 1GB ram, ZASS build 470) and everything seems ok but after doing (and finishing) some processor intensive video work the CPU usage of scanningprocess.exe goes to 100% and stays there for ever (well hours at least). I didn't have this problem before upgrading from build 462 to build 470. Tried resetting the databases - no improvement so I uninstalled 470 and reinstalled the earlier version build 462 and the problem has not reappeared ... yet. This would lead me to suspect build 470. My other two machines (I have a three machine licence!) do not exhibit any problems with 470 though.

Has your problem been solved or has it reappeared. I feel the desire to re-upgrade to 470 yet but if you've been successful I just might.

Q

mickdodge Guest

Hi QbixQbix,

I also believe the problem is with 470 as I have been using ZoneAlarm for years with no problem.
    However, I do believe that the excessive amount of hidden background scanning being performed by many of the Start up programs are not helping. I followed Fax's advice and deselected everything except ZoneAlarm and it worked perfectly.

I deselected over 50% of irrelevant fodder that had been loaded mostly without my knowledge. I suggest that you may try the same. If it works OK, look at selecting those Programs that you know are serving a useful purpose. However, if you are not sure what the program is doing, look up on internet or leave selected. Best of luck.

Mick Dodge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information