Thread: AVG Anti-virus

rstauts Guest

Default AVG Anti-virus

Is there a reason Zone Alarm will not recognize AVG Anti-virus software?
    It is a very good piece of software and seems to have a broad customer base.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: AVG Anti-virus

Yes, AVG is one of the most reliable free anti-virus programs for home consumers.Frankly I have no idea why ZoneAlarm does not detect AVG along with several other products that are pretty established in the market. In fact,ZA detects only a few programs, such as Norton, McAfee and EZ AntiVirus.In whatever case, the Anti-Virus Monitoring feature in ZA is not something that I'll worry about personally. You may simply turn off the Anti-virus Monitoring feature. Do not worry-- Anti-virus Monitoring is monitoring only and has no effect on the firewall and no direct affect on security. You are far better monitoring AVG yourself.The resources saved will be better used by other programs. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask. :8}

lyon_macro Guest

Hi, I have problems updating AVG free version and spyware bluster since I installed ZA. I read someone experiencing similar probin the forum, and it was suggested that uninstalling and reinstalling ZA would work... But not in my case. But I am pretty sure that my problems occurred since I started to use ZA. Can anyone suggest what to do?

rstauts Guest

Try diabling anti spyware in AVG, then reinstall ZA.
    You may want to try the ZA antispyware for a while and see if you have any of the same issues

Thread Information