Thread: 2 issues

xmxm Guest

Default 2 issues

1) AV conflict with the Visual Studio 2005 SP1 "AutoRecovery" feature - when any source code file is being modified from the Visual Studio IDE, an sourcecode.cpp~RF1b657d.TMP undesirable new file is created (by the ZA AV-engine ?) and what is worse - it cannot be deleted at all (after closing the Visual Studio, of course, even the Proccess Explorer or similar utility cannot find out the file owner and it cannot unlock/delete the file too), I have to force dettaching of my external USB project drive

2) AV scanning of the *.hxs and similar files takes a very looong time (I saw already here one topic about it)

I wrote to official support, but no response...

Default Re: 2 issues

Hi!
    I am afraid but for your issue number 1, you really need to contact ZA technical support directly (www.zonealarm.com/tsform).
    ZA staff does not monitor this forum, we are all users here.

They always answer to call. However, your submission may have not reach them or the reply has been filtered out.

Use a free e-mail services such as hotmail, gmail or yahoo.
    Submit the form with internet explorer.
    You should receive an automatic response within 5-20 minutes after the submission. If you do not received it, then your e-mail system is junking the response.

On your point 2, yes. KAV engine will decompress on the fly compressed files and check all elements in it.
    This may take a long time. You can exclude folder containing those files in the advanced options of the ZA antivirus/antispyware tab (scan targets).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

xmxm Guest

thanks for the reply, I used the mentioned 'www.zonealarm.com/tsform', but without any automatic response, so I will try that again...

as for the long scanning of the *.hxs files, I have a lot of them (e.g. MSDN installed), so the AV-scan can take more than 14h (at ~150000 files overall, which is unacceptable!), I will not follow your advice, as it can create an undesired security hole in my system (I can accept such excluding as an temporary workaround, but not as a standard solution...)

Hi!
    yes, unfortunately is the only solution I can propose you.
    If you keep your ZA updated and always active, your folders will be in any case protected.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information