Thread: How to change current Scan Time ??

ralphy Guest

Default How to change current Scan Time ??

Can some one please tell me how to change the current Virus/Spyware Scan time.I like to change it to a time whe I am not using the computer.THANKS

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

hammernu Guest

Default Re: How to change current Scan Time ??

Go to Anti-virus / Anti-spyware > Advanced Options > Scan Schedule. Here you can set the Starting Day, Repetition (Daily, Weekly, Monthly), and Time. I would also suggest going to Scan Options (under Advanced Options) and setting the Scanning Priority to High.

ralphy Guest

Thanks will do .

splittle Guest

<blockquote><hr>HammerNU wrote:
    Go to Anti-virus / Anti-spyware &gt; Advanced Options &gt; Scan Schedule. Here you can set the Starting Day, Repetition (Daily, Weekly, Monthly), and Time. I would also suggest going to Scan Options (under Advanced Options) and setting the Scanning Priority to High.
    <hr></blockquote>
    You suggested setting the Scanning Priority to &quot;High.&quot;
    Does this only effect manual scans, or does this also effect On Access scanning in some way?
    I ask because I tend to just do manual scans when I'm away from the system, so I generally want the scan to be as fast as possible.
    Given this, is there any reason NOT to set the Priority to &quot;High&quot;?
    Does the &quot;Medium&quot; setting help with system performance during &quot;On Access&quot; scanning?
    Thanks for clarifying this.
    Larry

hammernu Guest

It only affects manual scans and those done by the Scan Schedule, not on-access scans. You're right in that it would affect system performance negatively, but again, not for the on-access scans. I myself have it set on High and have the Scan Schedule perform a scan once a week at 3:30 AM so the only thing it does for me is have the scan complete more quickly.

Thread Information