Thread: Zone Alarm flags EULAlyzer as a virus

terdralynn Guest

Default Zone Alarm flags EULAlyzer as a virus

Hi everyone. I'm new here, so please bear with me. Since I updated my anti-virus a few days ago, ZA flags the EULAlyzer program as a virus. It gives it the name "Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.kkd." I've been using EULAlyzer for a long time, and no program has ever flagged it as anything - not even ZA until recently. When I ask ZA for more information on this virus, it says there are "...no matching records..." and to try my search again. When I did a search online for the virus, the only reference was from Kaspersky lab Virus Watch. Does anyone else use EULAlyzer, and have you had any problems of late with ZA flagging it?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zone Alarm flags EULAlyzer as a virus

Could be a false positive,send the file to
    newvirus at kaspersky.com , zip the file and password protect it and include the password in the e-mail.False positives are usually fixed within a few hours.

terdralynn Guest

<blockquote><hr>Greb49er wrote:
    Could be a false positive,send the file to
    newvirus at kaspersky.com , zip the file and password protect it and include the password in the e-mail.False positives are usually fixed within a few hours.
    <hr></blockquote>

Thanks. I'll do that.

goingconcern Guest

Confirming a second occurrence: today my ZASS virus scan suddenly decided eulalyzer.exe was a Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.kkd.

Hopefully ZA will confirm/correct this shortly.

bbeeusa Guest

I had the same to occur. I been using EULAlvzer for over 3 years now. I am concerned with is happening with ZASS.

goingconcern Guest

Followed-up with Kaspersky, they confirmed it is a false positive and will be fixed shortly.

Thread Information