Thread: Packed.JS.Agent.a

pmacklam Guest

Default Packed.JS.Agent.a

I'm using the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite on a MS Vista pc.
    Of late I've been getting a lot of the following viruses found when doing a virus search of my pc Packed.JS.Agent.aI don't know what it is and doing a Google search bring up 6 findings of it, 3 are in Greek and 3 are from the Kaspersky website.
    So no matter how many times I quarentine/delete it/them I still seem to be infected. If I knew where the Packed.JS.Agent.a was coming from I could better try and prevent it.
    Does anyone else have any knowledge of this or where it may of come from?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Packed.JS.Agent.a

Hi!
    its coming from web-browsing probably left overs or dead entries.

Ensure you are on the latest version of Java run time environment (V.6 update 5 or 6)
    Clean your Java/Browser cache and if you don't know how to do it. Download ccleaner (free utility) that will do it for you

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:
    Hi!
    its coming from web-browsing probably left overs or dead entries.

Ensure you are on the latest version of Java run time environment (V.6 update 5 or 6)
    Clean your Java/Browser cache and if you don't know how to do it. Download ccleaner (free utility) that will do it for you

Cheers,
    Fax
    <hr></blockquote>

I thought the JS notation meant javascript not java.
    I could be wrong. So I am just asking.

If it is a javascript that is involved, then it is possible there is an activeX involved or some BHO or some troyan hiding somewhere. Or just a bad file left over in the browser caches.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

pmacklam Guest

Thanks for the advice.
    Tonight I've just deleted 58 seperate instances of this Packed.JS.Agent.a :0
    I downloaded the ccleaner and deleted everything it came up with so we'll see. I personally don't think it's a virus as there's far too many of them.The JS could mean Java Script it would seem logical.
    Anyway as I said I deleted everything ccleaner came up with so we'll see if the ZoneAlarm finds anymore of these rogue files.
    Thanks again for your replies.

pmacklam Guest

Thanks again fax.
    I found out which website that was causing the Packed.JS.Agent.a to appear.
    So I'll try and avoid it in the future unless anyone knows how to eleminate it before it can pop up?I already tried to ccleaner to no avail.

vicsam Guest

I just now got it whhen I went to check out the website of a nursery we bought a plant from, www.kandmnursery.com. When I went to the site, FOUR different trojans that it was trying to install were IMMEDIATELY caught and quarantined by ZAISS the very minute the site came up. They were: Downloader.HTML.Agent.ij, Clicker.HTML.IFrame.sf, Downloader.JS.Small.fs and Packed.JS.Agent.a
    I am researching them and they are listed as bad adware/malware at multiple antivirus sites, installing multiple applets
    without any user interaction that can severely compromise the security, stability and operation of your computer.
    I am e-mailing the owners of the site with screenshots and info links for each one now, but I'm sure there are a ton of other sites that will try to install them as well. I would appear from the speed ZA caught them and the virus database descriptions that they only way to prevent infection is to
    have a good program like ZoneAlarm to catch them.

Thread Information