Thread: ia.exe behavior

egons Guest

Default ia.exe behavior

Some questions about an application called ia.exe:

This application is reported by Security Suite to have only the file name, ia.exe, and a file size of 0kb.
    When I have set the trust level to restricted, and blocked access, server and send mail, I will find that all of these options have been reset to "allow" and the trust to Super.
    Also, any changes I have made in Program Options, such as Authenticate program by full path name, are also reset.
    When I try to set the trust level to Kill, ZoneAlarm reports "System Programs cannot be set to Kill."
    Trying Properties, I get the following message: "Windows cannot find 'ia.exe'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again..."
    A system search and a registry search do not turn up ia.exe, and a virus scan by Security Suite does not find this application.

A search on the internet turned up no useful information.
    Because no other application on my computer will reset ZoneAlarm, and I have not been able to link this application with any legitimate software on my machine, I am mystified by this and concerned.
    Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: ia.exe behavior

<blockquote><hr>EgonS wrote:

This application is reported by Security Suite to have only the file name, ia.exe, and a file size of 0kb.
    When I have set the trust level to restricted, and blocked access, server and send mail, I will find that all of these options have been reset to &quot;allow&quot; and the trust to Super.
    Also, any changes I have made in Program Options, such as Authenticate program by full path name, are also reset.
    When I try to set the trust level to Kill, ZoneAlarm reports &quot;System Programs cannot be set to Kill.&quot;
    Trying Properties, I get the following message: &quot;Windows cannot find 'ia.exe'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again...&quot;
    A system search and a registry search do not turn up ia.exe, and a virus scan by Security Suite does not find this application.

A search on the internet turned up no useful information.
    Because no other application on my computer will reset ZoneAlarm, and I have not been able to link this application with any legitimate software on my machine, I am mystified by this and concerned.
    Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>EgonS,
    I found this which reports 13 variants of ia.exe - 12 safe and one not.
    http://www.spywaredata.com/spyware/malware/ia.exe.php
    Also here's another link from Prevx
    about ia.exe http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RRDFGJ252087/IA.EXE.html
    Hope this helps you,Findley

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>EgonS wrote:

Trying Properties, I get the following message: "Windows cannot find 'ia.exe'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again..."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!this means that ia.exe is not anymore on your system.You can safely right click on the entry and select 'remove'.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

egons Guest

Findley,
    Thank you kindly for the links. Good information and it helped.
    EgonS

egons Guest

Fax,
    Much appreciated.
    Removed the entry and have rebooted and gone through the things that seemed to reset trust/access/server for ia.exe (starting VZAccess Manater, getting on the interent, starting a web browser), and checked ZA Security Suite and the entry no long appears.
    Thank you very much.
    EgonS

findley Guest

EgonS,
    You're wlecome
    Regards,Findley

Thread Information