Thread: Is it really a virus??

jconinc Guest

Default Is it really a virus??

For two days my scan has turned up a Virus names "IM-Worm.Win32.Pykse.o" - but when ZA's website does not identify it as a known virus.

Anyone else ever seen this virus?

Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Is it really a virus??

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

Perhaps it could be a False Positive, but I really do not know if it is or not, so I suggest you do the following, if you are interested.

Please report the false positive to:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jsp

Be sure to report as much details as possible to Zone Alarm so that they can fix it.
    Use Internet Explorer browser to submit the report - other alternative browsers, Firefox, Opera and others are not recommended for use in submitting report to Zone Alarm.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. jconinc Guest

<blockquote><hr>SlyFox wrote:

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

Perhaps it could be a False Positive, but I really do not know if it is or not, so I suggest you do the following, if you are interested.

Please report the false positive to: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jsp Be sure to report as much details as possible to Zone Alarm so that they can fix it. Use Internet Explorer browser to submit the report - other alternative browsers, Firefox, Opera and others are not recommended for use in submitting report to Zone Alarm.

SlyFox<hr></blockquote>

Thanks SlyFox - I had already reported the situation through the site you listed but have yet to hear back from them. Late yesterday I did another scan and the &quot;virus&quot; was not found. Looks like maybe the latest update took care of the problem and in indeed may have been a false positive. All I have left to do is to put my System Restore back on to see if I still get a clean report after a restore point is created.

jconinc Guest

<blockquote><hr>jconinc wrote:
    <blockquote><hr>SlyFox wrote:

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

Please report the false positive to: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jsp Be sure to report as much details as possible to Zone Alarm so that they can fix it. Use Internet Explorer browser to submit the report - other alternative browsers, Firefox, Opera and others are not recommended for use in submitting report to Zone Alarm.

SlyFox<hr></blockquote>

Thanks SlyFox - I had already reported the situation through the site you listed but have yet to hear back from them. Late yesterday I did another scan and the &quot;virus&quot; was not found. Looks like maybe the latest update took care of the problem and in indeed may have been a false positive. All I have left to do is to put my System Restore back on to see if I still get a clean report after a restore point is created.
    <hr></blockquote>

A final update - re-started System Restore, made a restore point, did another scan. No viruses detected. Apparently the recent definition update resolved a false positive.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi jconinc,

Thank you for posting back with your results. Glad to hear your issue has been solved.

Have a Great Day!

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information