Thread: ZAAS version.7.0.470.000

boonchuy Guest

Default ZAAS version.7.0.470.000

I previously wrote in May 07 about vsmon and true vector hogging 100% of my CPU. I upgraded to ZAAS version 7.0.462.000 in Dec 07 and that problem went away

I currently have ZAAS version 7.0.470.000 with true Vector engine 7.0.470.000 and Driver version 7.0.470.000.

The ASW engine version is 5.0.189.0, DAT file version 01.200805.3915.

It is registered and updates automatically. This was an upgrade from ZAAS version 7.0.462.000.

My computer has XP SP3, 2.2G and 2GB ram.

I am now getting the ZAAS bar on my toolbar after my scheduled daily scan.

Note: The scheduled daily scans usually finds and removes a cookie or two.

Clicking on the ZAAS bar in the toolbar should open the ZAAS window. Nothing happens.

I can open and close ZAAS normally (with the ZAAS icon) but cannot remove the ZAAS bar in my toolbar unless I shut down/quit and reopen ZAAS.

If I do an unscheduled scan before the scheduled scan runs or after removing as described, the ZAAS bar does not come on my toolbar until the scheduled scan runs.

I do not recall this problem with version 7.0.462.000. Version .462 ran as smooth as silk for me. Other than this, so does version .470.

This is an annoyance, not a real problem but something has changed. But what?

My grandmother always said 'T'aint one thing, t'is another.' She gets smarter as I get older.

Ted

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware

findley Guest

Default Re: ZAAS version.7.0.470.000

<blockquote><hr>boonchuy wrote:

I previously wrote in May 07 about vsmon and true vector hogging 100% of my CPU. I upgraded to ZAAS version 7.0.462.000 in Dec 07 and that problem went away

I currently have ZAAS version 7.0.470.000 with true Vector engine 7.0.470.000 and Driver version 7.0.470.000.

The ASW engine version is 5.0.189.0, DAT file version 01.200805.3915.

It is registered and updates automatically. This was an upgrade from ZAAS version 7.0.462.000.

My computer has XP SP3, 2.2G and 2GB ram.

I am now getting the ZAAS bar on my toolbar after my scheduled daily scan.

Note: The scheduled daily scans usually finds and removes a cookie or two.

Clicking on the ZAAS bar in the toolbar should open the ZAAS window. Nothing happens.

I can open and close ZAAS normally (with the ZAAS icon) but cannot remove the ZAAS bar in my toolbar unless I shut down/quit and reopen ZAAS.

If I do an unscheduled scan before the scheduled scan runs or after removing as described, the ZAAS bar does not come on my toolbar until the scheduled scan runs.

I do not recall this problem with version 7.0.462.000. Version .462 ran as smooth as silk for me. Other than this, so does version .470.

This is an annoyance, not a real problem but something has changed. But what?

My grandmother always said 'T'aint one thing, t'is another.' She gets smarter as I get older.

Ted

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware

<hr></blockquote>boonchuy,
    Can you right click on it and send to tray?

Otherwise something in the database may be corrupted and you might try
    resetting your database. By resetting the database you will lose your customizations.
    How to reset database:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot
    Findley

tonybuck Guest

I installed 7.0.473.000 on someone's machine, and they usually have _two_ ZA bars.One works, in that clicking on it opens the ZA window.
    The other appears after oneof the first few scans after each reboot, and does nothing.
    It can't be closed, either.The user used to get this with their earlier version of ZA, and both they and I haveadopted a &quot;why worry&quot; attitude about it, since everything seems to be working okand the other bar is there to actually open the window.
    But I've never seen _only_ the &quot;ghost bar&quot;.
    I assume that you &quot;close&quot; the ZA windowby minimizing it -- actually closing it would open a dialog about shutting down ZA ordealing with other serious and abnormal situations.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>tonybuck wrote:
    But I've never seen _only_ the "ghost bar". I assume that you "close" the ZA windowby minimizing it -- actually closing it would open a dialog about shutting down ZA ordealing with other serious and abnormal situations.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not sure I really follow the problem, you really need to close it (red cross on the right top of the window), you will get a pop-up about.. just tick on the box (something like 'do not remind me again') and push 'OK'. ZA will not shutdown... will just minimise in system tray.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tonybuck Guest

Ok, thanks.
    The four options in the box opened when I click on the red Xin the ZA window all look so serious
    that I've assumed the red X is to beavoided under any normal circumstances.
    The default is to restore ZA,so I'll assume from your response that this is an ok thing to do.
    Anotherday, another thing learned, thanks again.

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information