Thread: Keylogger?

mikeys Guest

Default Keylogger?

ZoneAlarm has recently identified possible keylogging program on my PC. The "not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.KeyLogger.eg" file is embedded in the email backup program I use called
    Pico Backup. The virus is detected in the compressed downloaded version but not in the uncompressed / installed program, so I m somewhat perplexed. I ve written to Pico Backup s tech support about the issue but it s apparently fallen onto deaf ears.

There s very little info on Google about it or on other anti-virus websites, so I m assuming it s not a virus / spyware at all. I searched the forums prior to the post and there s nothing on this particular program. I m hoping you guys can shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Keylogger?

If you trust &quot;Pico Backup&quot; - you can 'set your scans to 'always ignore' and put in whitelist/ exceptions.'<hr>As to why this happens - sometimes ZA, av scans will be suspicious of 'compressed or zip' files from
    even fairly 'trustworthy' software/ companies/ apps = on rare occasions.
    <hr>MikeyS, if you want to go the 'extra mile' - you canplease report the false positives to: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jsp<hr>and/ or if with av (KAV) false positive - go to their website and report the particulars of your situation. www.kaspersky.com . This would be very helpful to others who have Pico Backup and ZA Suite, ZA AV or any KAV. <hr>NaiveMelody NYC 5-30-08 - No Sleep Till Brooklyn - The Beastie Boys

mikeys Guest

Default Re: Keylogger?

Thanks for the help.

I'm a little cautious towards Pico Backup now because they didn't respond to my email but functionality wise, it's been great. I'll resubmit my email to them and keep plugging away until I get a reply. ZA didn't find anything wrong with the installed program and I'm also running SpyBot, which doesn't flag it either, so you re probably right on the false positive issue. I'm planning on downloading the compressed Pico Backup onto my laptop, which is running Vista and Norton AV, to see if it flags it also. If Norton doesn t catch it, then I ll assume it s a false positive and post it in the Spyware Forum as you suggested.

Thanks again

Thread Information