Thread: Replies for Failed Scan???

krackatoa Guest

Default Replies for Failed Scan???

Good morning --- First I'm new and posted a problem a couple days ago titled Failed Scan.I've checked and found there have been 80 reads of my problem, yet no offers of advise.Did I not provide enough information -- or is this a very serious problem and no one knowsthe answer?
    Thank you in advance --- and if there is something I was supposed to do, please let me knowto make my posting clearer.Respectfully --- Krackatoa

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Replies for Failed Scan???

Hi!first you should disable SpySweeper and try again. By the way, SpySweeper can create problem to your ZASS... Most of the entries listed are fromfiles that are locked (system or security related). So they cannot be scanned.This is normal and not a bug. If they are locked they cannot be scanned nor they can be infected by malware.Please do not overread logs. This is why by default scan logs errors is not logged.Since it may mislead users to think the scanner is not working.To test you ZA for malware try to download this test, if it gets blocked than you ZA AV is working correctly.http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.comHope this helps,Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

krackatoa Guest

FAX ---
    Many thanks!
    And humble apology for not doing a search on similar topic to find answer.I'll shut down Spy Sweeper and try another scan and see what happens.
    Recently hit withTrojan-Clica.Win32.Small.qo and Backdoor.Win32.Delf.hmg so was concerned.
    Zone Alarm seemedto clean ok after working through a Safe Mode Ops prior to clearing Restore.
    I checked the Forum earlier this morning and learned a lot about my situation from a similar situation and your answer posted.Please chalk it up to a "Newbie" --- and permit me to learn.
    :8}

FYI, I've usedSpy Sweeper as a secondary to Zone Alarm's for quite a while not and not experienced problems untilnow. Recently purchased Spyware Doctor (again as a secondary backup to Zone Alarm) and wasgoing to replace the Spysweeper program, but read in the forum others are experiencing problemswith Spy Doctor --- so maybe a return to the store?
    Thanks again --- Krackatoa!

No problem....:8}Yep, Spyware Doctor does not play always nice with ZASS...You don't need to buy more software for spyware, you can use, for example, the free superantispyware as a backup.Or if you want more protection for web browsing try ZA ForceField.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information