Thread: ZASS & Status bar for Anti-virus/anti-spyware stays red even after update (on XP pro SP3)

eliecohen Guest

Default ZASS & Status bar for Anti-virus/anti-spyware stays red even after update (on XP pro SP3)

I am using ZASS 7 on XP Pro SP3, and lately the status bar stays red and I get that an action is required even after I update manually the anti-virus/anti-spyware, and after running both.
    I have read the relevant forum entries, and did a full re-install (with clean) with no luck. what else can i do?
    My current configuration is:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952646990
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200806.4035
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

jacobi Guest

Default Re: ZASS & Status bar for Anti-virus/anti-spyware stays red even after update (on XP pro SP3)

I have a simillar issue I sent the following message to technical support and I am waiting for their reply:
    " I will be grateful to your assistance to resolve the following issues with the Antivirus/Antispyware part of ZASS,which appeared after I
    upgraded
    Windows XP to SP3, as I did not find suitable solutions in the forum:
    a) Red exclamation mark "update is overdue"

appeared

for the definitions of both the antivirus and the antispyware.b) Manual update seems to work (please note the DAT file versions below) but did not change the color of the status area to green.c) According to the logs there were
    automatic updates to
    the AV but not to the Antispyware.d) The automatic scan does not work, though the manual one seems to be O.K.
    In an attempt to resolve this issue I had thoroughly removed ZASS (7.0.470.000) in safe mode(using the twenty something points procedure which appears in the forum) and reinstalled the same version,
    to no avail.
    Further manual upgrading
    ZASS to
    (but not a clean install) did not resolve the issue
    My last trial to remove the "Update" folder as per FAX
    message dated
    6 April 2008
    in the forum did not resolve this issue either.

The same phenomena also happened when I upgraded another computer to SP3 this time time I ensured that ZAPP was shut downfrom the beginning of the
    upgrade.
    I do not know whether it should make any difference, but please note that In both of these computers the Hebrew language is enabled."
    ZASS status as of
    10 June 2008
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952786562
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200806.4065
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

eliecohen Guest

Default Re: ZASS & Status bar for Anti-virus/anti-spyware stays red even after update (on XP pro SP3)

Thanks for your feedback. I also have the Hebrew language enable on my system (but it has been enabled for years, and the problem only appeared in the past few weeks). I can't say for sure, but that is was SP3 that did it, but the problem appeared shortly after my system was updated to SP3.

zaswing Guest

I think it's been like this for a while (7.0.462 for me), so I can't attribute it to XP-SP3. At least for antispyware. It updates, but shows red. I stopped worrying about it. Red is often due to not having scanned on schedule. No Hebrew, English here.

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 06-10-2008 08:43 PM

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 06-10-2008 08:44 PM

jacobi Guest

Hi,

I
    my case, where
    there was a gap of approx.
    a week between the upgrade to XP SP3 in the first computer and the second computer,and in both computers the issue with ZASS appeared immediately after
    the upgrade, therefore it is most likely that it was caused by
    the upgrade.
    The fact that a through removal of ZASS followed by reinstalling SASS indicates that the problem was not caused by corrupted ZASS files.

The fact that there were almost no complaints on this issue in the forum may indicate that it was caused by a less commonproperty of Windows such as the right to left direction.
    I assume that changes that were made to the "Hebrew enabled" version of SP3 had adversely effected the antivirus/antispyware of ZASS. To clarify the XP SP2 I have upgraded to SP3
    were
    already Hebrew enabled

(they were
    from scratch).
    Thanks

eliecohen Guest

It seems that the problem in my case is the timezone. My current timezone is Jerusalem. If I change it to Eastern Time, I immediately get the green bar, and the last scan, and last definition are updated. As soon as I go back to Jerusalem time , I get the red bars back, and no last update.

eliecohen Guest

Problem solved. It was the Jerusalem timezone (with SP3)that was the problem. I googled SP3 and Jerusalem time zone, and I found the following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953917. It solved my problem.

jacobi Guest

Shalom Elie,Thanks,
    following
    the instructions in the link you have provided, resolved the issue.I should have known better, and wait few months, rather than few weeks
    before installing SP3.
    JacobI

Thread Information