Thread: Should I Buy Zone Alarm Antivirus and Spy Sweeper

ebartsch Guest

Default Should I Buy Zone Alarm Antivirus and Spy Sweeper

I am currently using Norton Anti-virus. Several vendors that I use have suggested that I switch to Zone Alarm.
    What do you think? I am studying Art History and can't afford to lose any files. Needless to say I research on the web.
    Is Zone Alarm better than Norton? What about the problem with microsoft fix that is needed because you lose access to the internet?
    Please help me figure this out. I am going out today to purchase one of them, my current Norton will expire in 2 weeks. It seems more problems occur after expiration.
    Thanks....E.Bartsch

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

Default Re: Should I Buy Zone Alarm Antivirus and Spy Sweeper

Hi!Both ZA and Norton are good products. If you want to move to ZA I would suggest running the ZA Suite (without SpySweeper).ZA Suite already covers (with two engines) the spyware area, so I don't see specific needs to have SS installed on top of ZA.My experience is: single complete security suites are less problematic than different tools combined together. But if you are happy with Norton, stay with it.All ZA products have a 15 days trial. Test them before buying!http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...comparison.jspAlso remember to completely remove Norton and SS before installing the suite.Norton is particularly difficult to remove. Use their uninstall utility. You find it here:http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 08-09-2008 08:34 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

auditt Guest

In my opinion, Norton is quite hungry on resources and ZA firewall is much better.

Hi!resource use by Norton have improved radically in thelatest versions... but agree with you: ZA firewall provides better control.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information