Thread: Antispyware scan leads to crash (Windows XP blue screen of death, and automatic reboot/restart)

bmwpapa Guest

Default Antispyware scan leads to crash (Windows XP blue screen of death, and automatic reboot/restart)

I'm running ZoneAlarm Internet Security 2008 on 2 desktop PC's and 1 MacBook (XP SP2 boot camp partition).A full antivirus/antispyware scan works on my 2 desktop PC's.BUT... I get a "blue screen of death" Windows XP crash during antispyware scan on my MacBook.
    MacBook (intel-based)Boot camp partition:
    XP SP2ZoneAlarm Internet Security 2008, with patch to access the internet
    Steps:
    Run antivirus scan - completes successfully; scan results empty (ok).2.
    Run antispyware scan - crash!
    About 15-20 seconds
    into the antispyware scan, I think it was scanning for "Optix Killer 3.0" in the scan display status progress, then the "blue screen of death" flashed and the system rebooted.
    When I logged back into Windows, that famous Microsoft dialog appeared that said "serious error occurred" - Send or Don't Send report...
    Please advise.
    Is there something different about scanning antispyware in a MacBook boot camp partition?
    Workarounds?
    Solutions?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

forum_moderator Guest

Default Re: Antispyware scan leads to crash (Windows XP blue screen of death, and automatic reboot/restart)

Hello,Im sorry to say we cant support our software running on a mac with bootcamp or any program that allows windows to run on a mac.Forum Moderator

Thread Information