Thread: exclude a file marked virus but isn't

rudys Guest

Default exclude a file marked virus but isn't

How do I stop a file that gets quarantined from doing that? It is quarantining a file that I do not want it to.
    In other instances there is a drop down but this case it already quarantines the file.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

rudys Guest

Default Re: exclude a file marked virus but isn't

is there no one that has an answer for this??
    There must be a way to exclude a file??

runlikecrazy Guest

Hope this helps...

In the AV settings, under "Advanced Options - Virus management - Automatic Treatment", temporarily change the setting from "Try to repair..." to "Alert me - do not treat automatically". Then restore the quarantined file, and access it. When the ZoneAlarm Scan window comes up, it should now give you the option to click/right-click and select to Ignore Always for the file. After doing that, you can change the AV option back to "Try to repair".

I had to do this today for a program I use - "Gamma Panel". ZoneAlarm was flagging it as containing
    Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.ackq
    even though I've used this program for 2 months and not had a problem with it until now.
    Even when I re-downloaded the program from 2 different sites, ZoneAlarm still flagged the new files as having the virus too.

I contacted Kaspersky about it, and they said it was a false positive, therefore I set the file to be ignored.

rudys Guest

Hey thanks. I thought I would never get an answer.
    Sure do Appreciate it, R.L.C.
    I will give it a try.

Cheers Mate!

rudys Guest

Hey the strangest thing just happened. I guess ZA has a learning curve in it. For 3 times I restored a file from Quarantine and then I wrote in this forum how to ignore this file. When I went to try it, I had previously restored it from the quarantine so I just tried to open it in the new setting of Alert me. No window came up notifying of a virus.
    So I changed it back to repair and then quarantine. It still worked OK, and no window advising of a virus. So I guess 3 times is the lucky number for ZA to learn it wasn't a virus.
    Excellent!

Hi!
    no, just the antivirus signature been corrected to take into account of the false positive...

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information