Thread: How to correct/edit corrupted XML file

texbob Guest

Default How to correct/edit corrupted XML file

Since early Sep, when trying to update my virus and spyware protection for my 8.0.20.000 version of Security Suite, I recieve the following message "cannot parse xml file" when the updating process gets to the spyware element. The virus updates OK, just the spyware portion
    has that problem.The file mentioned
    is
    C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml. When I open it in Dreamweaver and compare it to the same file on another computer that does not have a updating problem,
    the first eight lines of the
    file are missing. Here's the rub, I can edit and correct the file but access is denied to the folder it resides in. Nothing I can do with the "Properties" element allows me to alter that file, for that matter I
    can not save
    anything to that folder. I understand that it is a protective thing for the program, but I (or somebody or something)
    needs to gain access and
    make the correction. The computer in question is a three year old HP Pavilion desk top, running WinXP Home
    which is
    up to date. I looked into that notice regarding an early July problem created by
    an MS upgrade, but it doesn't seem to be the problem.
    Any suggestions or ideas would be deeply appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: How to correct/edit corrupted XML file

Hi!the error is not related to the file you mention.Please reviewthe link below to correct your issue.http://www.zonealarm.com.au/main/kb_...asp?KBID=11433Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information