Thread: Have tried all previous posted advice and still antivirus and antispyware will not update!!

mygto Guest

Default Have tried all previous posted advice and still antivirus and antispyware will not update!!

I have tried clean reinstall, I have tried deleting corrupt files in C\:Windows\system32\zonelabs\ but cannot delete the catalog file and get 'access is denied'.Tried everything on "http://www.zonealarm.com.au/main/kb_...sp?KBID=11433I keep getting "Error:unable to connect" on antivirus and "couldn't connect to server ('http://upd.zonelabs.com/zonealarm/online//Catalog.zip') on the antispyware.

I am running Windows XP Pro sp3 on a Dell Dimension 2400 2.6gb Intel P4 CPUZoneAlarm Security Suite version 8.0.0590.000TrueVector security engine version 8.0.0590.000Driver version 8.0.0590.000Anti-virus engine version 6.0.2.678, DAT file version 915051681Anti-spyware engine version 5.0.202.0, DAT file version 01.200804.3745AntiSpam version 5.0.61.9957
    This program worked perfect until I purchased it!!!!!!!Have anymore advice before I chuck this program for one that will work?
    Here is my _updLog.txtIt says something about proxy
    enabled but, I don't use or have setup a proxy, so why would it reference one?
    18:04:29:
    ================================================== =======
    =====
    Trace log started. Wed Oct 22 18:04:29 2008
    =====
    Directory "product_path" not exists: C:\WINDOWS\system32\zonelabs\avsys\product
    Directory "reserve_dir" not exists: C:\WINDOWS\system32\zonelabs\avsys\reserve
    Updater build: 1.2.007, compiled for: Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations:5.0.676.0

Executable file name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\UpdClient.exe
    Updater configuration:

product 'ZAAV'

version ''
    Updater settings:

current user: SYSTEM

local region Russia

Update objects: update bases enabled, update patches enabled

Retranslation is not required

AdminKit transport is enabled

network timeout 20

log level 10

FTP works in active mode

rollback folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\zonelabs\avsys\reserve

retranslation folder

temporary folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\zonelabs\avsys\temp

updates_retransl 0

proxy server address localhost:12080

authorization methods: none

updater identity string: AAAAjmJBA
    Product configurarion:

application: 0

installation identifier: 9411

session identifier: 2

serial number:

product folder: C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/product/

root folder: C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/

language: 1

Components: 'AVS':5.0.0.0, 'Updater':5.0.0.0
    Getting updater lists for product 'ZAAV'
    Source list:

user defined URL http://kav.zonelabs.com/, proxy enabled

Downloading files from user defined URL http://kav.zonelabs.com/, proxy enabled
    Published: ev_type = 'UPD_ProxyServerUsed', parameters: 'Srv' = 'localhost:12080'
    Network layer timeout is set to 20 seconds
    Update started
    XML configuration file is not found 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/updcfg.xml'
    Using hardcoded root update description file information
    Read configuration from file 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/updcfg.xml': primary index = 'file master.xml, Application , Component , relative URL index/, local path /, original path , size -1, signature , entry is obligatory'
    Update primary index information: 'file master.xml, Application , Component , relative URL index/, local path C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/, original path , size -1, signature , entry is obligatory'
    ========= Downloading primary index to update temporary folder C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/temp/ZAAV/index/ =========
    Try directoried update structure to download primary index file
    Host name localhost resolved and added to cache, address is: 127.0.0.1
    HTTP get file: Using HTTP-proxy
    HTTP get file: authorization type: no authorization (phase: no information about authorization)
    Host name 127.0.0.1 resolved and added to cache, address is: 127.0.0.1
    18:04:30:
    Connected to 127.0.0.1
    Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:12080, error: 10061
    Published: ev_type = 'UPD_Error', parameters: 'Body' = '207', parameters 2: 'Srv' = 'localhost'
    Get remote files result: Can not connect to HTTP proxy server
    ========= Downloading primary index result Failed to establish connection to proxy server =========
    Primary index not downloaded: file master.xml, Application , Component , relative URL index/, local path C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/root/, original path , size -1, signature , entry is obligatory result = Failed to establish connection to proxy server
    Source skipped, because it uses proxy server: user defined URL http://kav.zonelabs.com/, proxy enabled
    Source skipped, because it uses proxy server: user defined URL http://kav.zonelabs.com/, proxy enabled
    Update failed
    ******** Update operation result Failed to establish connection to proxy server ********
    =====
    Trace log finished. Wed Oct 22 18:04:30 2008 =====

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Have tried all previous posted advice and still antivirus and antispyware will not update!!

You're using proxy.
    ZA updating doesn't like proxy.
    Stop proxy for the update time.
    It bites me as well same message as you get.

"UPD_ProxyServerUsed', parameters: 'Srv' = 'localhost:12080'" - a v a s t ?

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 10-22-2008 10:06 PM

Default Re: Have tried all previous posted advice and still antivirus and antispyware will not update!!

Hi!
    Yes, basically your machine tells ZA to update from 127.0.0.1 (i.e. your machine).
    Have you been infected by malware? Are you using another antivirus?

Sometimes the only way to clean the registry from proxy issues is to reinstall the OS.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mygto Guest

Well that isn't the news I wanted to hear, I know what a pain reinstalling the OS is.
    I did have **bleep** installed prior to ZoneAlarm but
    uninstalled it when I purchased ZA.They were both running prior to my purchase because I wasn't sure what ZA was all about.I went to tools/internet options/connections/LAN settings and there isn't a proxy set up there.How can it be so imbedded that the only way to reset it is to reinstall the OS?
    To me it looks like **bleep** is a virus itself if it won't completely uninstall itself and leave the computer like it was before install. **bleep** was recommended by PC Pitstop so I thought it was a reputable program. Thanks for the info.

Hi!
    well, you should search all the items in the registry mentioning 'proxy' and edit them... but this is a long process and does not always work + you risk to corrupt the entire system...

May be you can ask to the support of the other product to see if they have a solution.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information