Thread: AntiVir

pfompfe Guest

Default AntiVir

Hi,

I am using ZoneAlarm and AntiVir (anti virus software).
    The AntiVir software update it s contents (program files) every day from the internet. By this update, it is possible that a AntiVir program exe file is changed (for example: the AntiVir update program).
    The next time the update program wants to access the internet, the ZoneAlarm firewall is asking if the update program is allowed to access the internet. Here I must click allow!

My wife is also using this computer (she know nothing whatsoever about computer)! I explain her that every time a ZoneAlarm window appears, she must click on "not allow" (maybe a virus or so).
    Problem: If the (for example) AntiVir update program change (after update from internet) and the ZoneAlarm ask for internet access, my wife click "not allow" :-(

Question: Is it possible to mark a program (exe) to access the internet even if it changes the program version?

Thanks
    Dav

Default Re: AntiVir

Hi!yes, go to ZA program control, right click on the antivir entry --> Option --> and check on 'Authenticate program by full path name only'. UNcheck 'Authenticate components' if you are using also the ZA advanced component control (off by default).Deny by default may be risky, especially if you deny MS updates.Probably better to set MS automatic updates to OFF and check manually.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 11-15-2008 01:40 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

pfompfe Guest

THANKS!!!!!

You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support