Thread: System Performance during ZASS Updates and Scans

trumwine Guest

Default System Performance during ZASS Updates and Scans

Hey all,
    Ever since v7.x, I've noticed that when
    ZASS starts an update, it causes my system to crawl. At first I thought it was a conflict betwen the other security software I was using, but am only running Windows Defender and ZASS, all other security software has been removed.
    I'm not sure why the updates take so long to happen (even if they were d/l'g 100MB update files, that souldn't kill system performance so bad even opening the start menu is
    painfully slow). Once the updates are down and installed, then system performance returns to normal until it goes tto update again, or the scanning kicks in (and again turns my 2GHz 512Mb system and my 1.2GHz 256MB laptop into a
    paperweight until I can terminate the scan or it finishes)...
    In addition, I have system backups from family laptops/systems I have worked on which I am not yet able to delete
    until the owners can verify the systems are fully functional to their satisfaction and they are not missing any data files, and
    when ZASS gets to these backup directories, it just goes out to lunch and I have to terminate the scan to end it (sometimes waiting 72 hours for a scan to finish up, but it never does)...
    Anyone else experience these issues?
    System specs:LAPTOP - 1.2GHZCeleron/256MB ram and 1.3GHZCeleron/256MB ram (both SOTEC[ now Averatec] 3123XS)HOME SYSTEM - AMDAthlonXP2900+ (2GHZ)/512MB ram
    ZASS version is v8.0.059.000AV Engine version is v6.0.2.678AS Engine version is v5.0.202.0AS Version is v5.0.61.9957

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: System Performance during ZASS Updates and Scans

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Trumwine wrote:
    Hey all,Ever since v7.x, I've noticed that whenZASS starts an update, it causes my system to crawl. At first I thought it was a conflict betwen the other security software I was using, but am only running Windows Defender and ZASS, all other security software has been removed.Anyone else experience these issues?System specs:LAPTOP - 1.2GHZCeleron/256MB ram and 1.3GHZCeleron/256MB ram (both SOTEC[ now Averatec] 3123XS)HOME SYSTEM - AMDAthlonXP2900+ (2GHZ)/512MB ram

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) your laptop has very limited available Ram.. the Minimum Recomended for ZA is 512 Ram.. and runs much better with 1 GB ram..Windows XP Operating System Requirements: <UL><LI>Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or higher <LI>XP Service Packs 2 and 3 <LI>Minimum system RAM: 512 MB <LI>20MB of available hard disk space (Install size is 5 MB) <LI>Internet access.</LI>[/list]http://www.zonealarm.com/store/catal...ss/sys_req.jsp2.) also Reset these Anti-Virus , Advanced Options, set Scan Mode to NORMAL, and Scan Option to HIGH..

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:966020835
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5045
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV