Thread: ZA Advanced Options Ignored

saberman Guest

Default ZA Advanced Options Ignored

Windows XP Pro SP3 with all security patches applied.Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 8.0.059.
    I have experienced a number of bugs since installing ZA Internet Security Suite 8.0.059.
    This is the latest one.
    I have scanning set to occur on Saturdays at 5:00 AM (Anti-Virus and Spyware).
    When I checked my machine today I found a scan had been run and five files were flagged and quarantined from a folder that I explicitly excluded from scanning (Scan Targets).
    The Anti-Virus/spyware\Main page said that the last Anti-virus scan was 12/27/2008 8:50 PM and the last Anti-spware scan was 12/27/2008 8:48 PM.
    However the Scan Results page ways the files were flagged on 12/31/2008 at 14:09.
    The Scan Mode setting was Ultra Deep Scan.
    Since there isn't an log of when scans start and stop there is no way to tell when the scan actually started and when it actually ended.
    I have filled out a technical support request but I am sure it will get the same response as all of the others -- either a suggestion to reset ZA or to do a clean uninstall and reinstall.
    I have already done that at least four times.
    I give up.
    I am going back to V7 until V8 is fixed.

Default Re: ZA Advanced Options Ignored

Hi!scan targets exclude the antivirus from the 'on demand' scanning, you may need also to exclude the detection also from the antispyware engine. Set the treatment to manual on your next scanning and once detected select 'Ignore Always'.You may need to exclude the files alsofrom the 'on access' scanning.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 12-31-2008 11:34 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information