Thread: Hi, My version of zonealarm has picked up a trojan in Ageia Physx

john_the_fast Guest

Default Hi, My version of zonealarm has picked up a trojan in Ageia Physx

Hi i recently installed Unreal Tournament 3 and on a full virus/deep scan it found win32.trojan.rbot in
    File: C:\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies\bin\glut32.dll
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\MCD
    im pretty sure this is an essential file for the program. and this was off a clean install. brand new disc of the game, is this a false positive?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

john_the_fast Guest

Default Re: Hi, My version of zonealarm has picked up a trojan in Ageia Physx

my zone alarm version is 7.0.483.000anti spyware engine is 5.0.19.0Dat is 01.200812.5085anti virus version 3Dat file 975413377

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>John_The_Fast wrote:
    Hi i recently installed Unreal Tournament 3 and on a full virus/deep scan it found win32.trojan.rbot in
    File: C:\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies\bin\glut32.dll
    RegistryKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\MCD
    im pretty sure this is an essential file for the program. and this was off a clean install. brand new disc of the game, is this a false positive?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

John_The_Fast,

Suggest you upload the potentially &quot;false positive&quot; file to http://www.virustotal.com/
    VirusTotal is a free service which analyzes suspicious files against 32 anti-virus engines. You'll get a fast answer as to whether this is a false positive.

If the file turns out to be false positive please report it:

Anti-virus false positive:
    Send the file in a password protected zip to newvirus@kaspersky.com. Subject: False Positive
    Be sure to include the password in your e-mail.

Anti-spyware false positive:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...are_report.jsp

Should this turn out to be a false positive, by reporting it you help yourself and other users.

Findley

john_the_fast Guest

Virus total found nothing in the file either that or i dont know how to read virus total results

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>John_The_Fast wrote:
    Virus total found nothing in the file either that or i dont know how to read virus total results
    <hr></blockquote>
    John_The_Fast,
    Virus total column for results is blank unless there is something found and then you get an entry like this suspected of Win32.BrokenEmbeddedSignature (paranoid heuristics)
    The example is from a file i uploaded and checked this morning.
    So your file was a false positive.
    Hopefully, your reporting this false positive will get it fixed.Findley

john_the_fast Guest

Hey... i updated the definitions/program itself and no trojans/viruses are picked up at all now. must have been a false positive. thanks for help

findley Guest

John_The_Fast,
    You're welcome:8}
    Findley

Thread Information